It is not your customers job toremember you. It is yourobligation and responsibility tomake sure they dont have thechance to forget you.- Patricia Fripp
Why Retention of Partners?• To have partnerships that are:• Long-term• Strong• Enlarge-scale• Value based• To create credibility among the industry• To get use your connections to connect to potentialcustomers.
• Market Research / Targeting• Identify company needs by speaking to them about whereis there company heading and how can AIESEC be partof the strategy.• Set the right expectation and don’t oversell.Preselling
“Don’t sell life insurance.Sell what life insurancecan do.”- Ben Feldman
• - Effective meetingSet an agenda before meeting with a detailed flowestablishedTake notes/remember what are the key pointsWrap-up the meetingSet next steps and follow up.Tip: When selling always remember to thing long-term! (Ex.when selling you should be “pitch” organisations to become 1YRpartners or more)SellingPreselling
• Send output of meeting via e-mail with information as arespond to the discovered needs (materials, references,good case practice)• Create materials customized for the company• Confirm next meeting (selling = several interactionpoints)• Sign contract & formalities• Clarify always (with as many details as possible)delivery timeline, contact point, profile required.SellingPreselling
• Build delivery plan for the next 3 to 12 months.• Do the shortlisting as professional as you can (shortlistingrequires HR knowledge, is not only about selling).• Keep track of all your internships available• Be in constant communication with the company throughthe partnership.Selling DeliveryPreselling
• Identity with your partners where is the organisation is going inthe next year and what will their needs be. Ask them how canAIESEC be part of their strategy.• Create a report every quarter, every semester or on a yearlybasis depending on the services/products delivered.• Have a quarterly meeting with your partners so you candiscuss constantly how can we improve our services.• Involve your partners in you national and local initiatives.• Create champions! Make sure that you engage more people inthe organisation.• Recognise their support to AIESEC.PresellingSelling DeliveryRetentionofPartners
…so then the flow is:SellingPost SellingDeliveryRetention ofPartners
Speak to your partners aboutexpanding the partnership. Behonest and seek their input.
“The most valuable resource youcan give customers is yourtime… Only then can you find away to solve their problems ormeet their symptoms.”-Ginger Conlon
Understand where theorganisation(partner) isgoing in the next 1-2 yearsand create products thatare relevant for them andfor AIESEC.
“You can acquire some measureof knowledge from variousresearch techniques, but nothingbeats living, breathing, andfeeling the same things yourcustomers do”-John Jatsch
Co-Create a plan thatreflects the long term visionfor the partnership.
“It is no longer good enough to simplysatisfy your customer or to have aproduct that works…what will reallymake the difference is when acustomer asks: when I went throughthat experience, did the providerengaged with me, did they understandmy needs, did they think logically if thatwas the best for me ”-Jo Causon
Create a customizedproposal and ask forfeedback.
After signing the contract,recognise them among allyour stakeholders.
“When a brand connects with itscustomer, that in some ways isthe easiest part. The hard part iskeeping the customer at thecenter after the success comesflooding in.”-Anna Farmery