Most common hacking techniques
• Fooling people by sending fake emails.
• Attatchments can be sent along with
emails containing viruses
• Popular sites
A Good Hacker
* Knows how to program.
* Knows how to use open source UNIX.
* Doesn’t leave any trace behind.
* Knows how to use World Wide Web
and write HTML
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
* Professional certification by EC-Council
* Usually employed for an organization
* Certification achieved by clearing exam
* Exam Code 312-50, 125 MCQ questions,4 hours exam
India’s Hacking genius -Ankit
Hacked first website at age of 14
Wrote “Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking” at age of 15
Featured in MTV show “MTV What the Hack” in
Gave tips about how to make good use of internet
India’s youth icon of the year 2008
Ambassador for Cyber Security by Indian Govt. in 2011
Information Technology Act
Act of Indian Parliament
Passed on October 17,2000
94 sections segregated into 13 chapters
Strict actions against cyber crimes