2. What exactly is Facebook®?Facebook is a social networking website that allows you to connect with other people around the world.You can do plenty of things including: Chat. Share Pictures, Videos. Like a certain status, group or person. Play online flash games. Create & Join Groups. Create Events.
3. History of Facebook® Facebook® was founded in 2004 by Harvard student Mark E. Zuckerberg with help from his roommates Dustin Moskovitz. and Chris Hughes. Zuckerberg wrote the software for the Facemash website when he was in his second year of college. Facebook® was originally for Harvard students then expanded to other colleges then to anyone over the age of 18, and now currently to anyone 13 years of age or older.
4. Scaling Strategy of Facebook®College Gradual Opening to Timeline with new &Networks the world improved features2004-2006 2007-2010 Now days
5. Facebook® FrontPage You can access Facebook® by login into www.facebook.com The FrontPage is where you login or signup.
6. How to Sign Up in Facebook®First you must enteryour real First name. Then you have to enter your Last name.Put in your Real EmailAddress(firstname.lastname@example.org Then enter a passwordfor example) and then you won’t forgetre-enter it. Then enter your Gender and your Real Birthday (have to be 13 and up) and then you are signed up!!!
7. Connect with Privacy Controlfriends and make new friends You can controlaround the world who can access your Facebook page Facebook Share interest, Create a page,exchange private & Share pictures public messages and videos and join groups
8. Where Facebook® users spend their time Posting on walls 49% Newsfeed 45% Searching for people 26% Sending emails 20% Playing games 17% Visiting your fan pages 14% Other 10% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% By : Slideshare.com
9. Testing in Facebook® A new version of Facebook is released every Tuesday. More than 1,000 developers deliver code to be released each week, most of the time small changes, sometimes completely new feature.
10. Some Interesting Facts 901 million user accounts. 3.2 million likes and comments per day. 300 million photos uploaded per day. 42 million pages till now. 9 million apps. 60 million videos view per day. 488 million monthly mobile users. Women are more likely to spend their time posting on walls—55% vs. 42% of men. More than 3.5 billion minutes are spent on Facebook® each day By : Slideshare.com
11. Advantages of Facebook®:• Facebook is free and its one of the best medium for communication.• Facebook® allows people to connect, to learn from each other, to discuss issues, viewpoints and share advice.• Through Facebook Ads and Fans page you can advertise your business.• Facebook provides entertainment, tons of gaming and other applications.• Facebook as source of information & news.• Facebook has good privacy setting which gives you the option to customize according to your wish.
12. Disadvantages of Facebook®:• The biggest disadvantages of Facebook is its addiction which causes many problems.• Fake profile is also one of the biggest disadvantage of Facebook. People often uses fake profile to insults or harassing someone. It is more common against girls where people simply makes a fake profile and start harassing them.• Facebook often brings bad effects on students results. Students who are Facebook addicted does a bad result on his or her exams.• Beside students, people who works in offices wastes their time in browsing Facebook. Thats why many offices has decided to block Facebook completely.
13. ConclusionFacebook should be used in limit and for any good purpose. One should not be addict to it.