October 28 -25. vp 8 quiz, novel quiz, re 4 b text
VP 8 quiz
RE 4B text
See it in a whole new light
• Interpret or understand something in a very different way
• What is something that you see in a whole
new light after coming to the U.S?
• I used to think _____ was boring, but now I
see it in a whole new light because…
• I have seen (person) in a whole new light
Pg. 66 – “Before You Read” and Part
hat are high-tech textiles?
hat are some examples of high-tech textiles from the video?
o you think that high-tech textiles are a good use of time and
o you think hig-tech textiles will become popular for average
individuals in the near future?
Pg. 67, line 5 – One of his inventions, a jacket that stays suspended in the
air like a balloon after it has taken off…
Pg. 67, line 11 – Alex Soza is one of many dreamers and pioneers who are
turning textile fantasies intro realities.
Pg. 67 , line 31 – While not all companies are forthcoming about their
products for fear of having their ideas stolen…
Pg. 68, line 53 – They have inserted the spider-silk protein gene into goats,
thereby causing them to produce spider-silk protein…
Pg. 69, line 111 – One of the most important areas of clothing innovation is for
Pg. 69, line 123 – The researchers at Natick are also working on portable
buildings that are made of….
Pg. 69, line 127 - …these building materials would allow a team to build a
structure large enough to hold airplanes in a fraction of the time…
Pg. 69, line 131 – The largest air beams…are so rigid that you can hang a
heavy truck from one.
Pg. 69, line 139 - ..artistic jacket that defies gravity to smart aprons to
invisible military uniforms…
Pg. 69, line 142 – Who can foresee what these textile pioneers will dream up
s (blue) read lines 1-64
s (green) read lines 65-end
) Summarizing and listening (approximately 10 minutes)
– As (blue) summarize your reading and Bs (green) listen and check information that
is given (column 1)
– Bs (green) summarize your reading and As (blue) listen and check information that
is given (column 1)
) Answering the questions (column 2)
– Work together to answer the questions on the handouts (column 2)
– I will collect this handout and grade your answers in column 2
omplete the green/blue handout for 4B = Wednesday
omplete VP 9 = Wednesday
nit 4 Reading Explorer Test = Friday (vocabulary, main idea, inference,
detail, and pronoun)