An accelerator takes single-digit chunks of equity in externally
developed ideas in return for small amounts of capital and mentorship.
They’re generally truncated into a three to four month program at the
end of which the start-ups graduate.
Startup squad D.C.
Focused on Cyber Security by Veteran Owned Startups (VOS)
that will help defend our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure.
Micro –seed grant to
validity of disruptive
“Shark Tank” like,
Owned Startups will
receive $25K equity
Strategically located in
Prime Contractors +
Academia with federal
Mentorship from top
Prime contractors, Small
Biz’ Federal Agencies
Specialists and Startup
VCs & media
Advisors and mentors
will continue to work
with graduated startups
to help them grow and
scale their businesses
Highly trained Veterans with
security clearances and innovative
solutions for public & private
Cyber Security Missions.
• Partner Networks
• Online Job Boards
• Job Fairs
• Social Media
• Startup Squad Website
• Cyber Conferences
• Startup Squad events
Difficult for Veterans Owned Startups to create a winning business model that
will make them competitive in the Public and Private Markets.
Difficult for Prime Contractors find
qualified Veterans Owned Startups to
partner with on Federal Contracts.
Difficult for most Federal Agencies to reach mandated Government-wide
3% Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business set-aside goal
Mentor-Driven Cyber Security Accelerator
launching Veteran Owned Startups that are ready to
defend our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure.
$25k Seed Funding
Placement for cyber jobs
Connections to Prime’s &
Over $100K in perks
Top-notch Industry Leaders
& SME Mentors
Graduates showcase solutions to:
15 -18 startups graduate with sub-contracts
At least 200 jobs per year created as a result of
At least 16 startups acquire follow on funding post
Veterans understand the tactical problem.
Veterans know how to execute strategic solutions.
Mission Critical Market.
Public & Private Market Solutions.
Satisfaction from a sense of civic duty to give back to Veterans.
Pre-market access to innovative Veteran Owned Startups.
Access to highly motivated cyber qualified Veteran labor pool.
Strategic Partnerships and added capabilities for
Safer & stronger America!
This is an agreement (“Agreement”) between Startup Squad. (“Startup Squad”) and (“Recipient”) regarding the disclosure of Confidential Information from Startup Squad to Recipient. To ensure
the protection of the Confidential Information and in consideration of the agreement to exchange information, the sufficiency and receipt of which is acknowledged herein, the parties agree as
1. Purpose. The information disclosed shall be for the purpose of disclosing business particulars between the Startup Squad and Recipient and the negotiation of possible further business
arrangements between the parties. Startup Squad believes that the Recipient can provide a benefit to Startup Squad and that involvement with the Startup Squad will benefit the Recipient. In
order to discuss such arrangements, Startup Squad wishes to disclose business particulars related to Startup Squad’s business model and future plans, including, but not limited to, costs, profit and
margin information, finances and financial projections, current and potential customers or clients, marketing or future business plans or models. Startup Squad holds this information and any
documents related thereto to be proprietary information and protected as the intellectual property of the Startup Squad including, but not limited to, trade marks, copyrights, patents and trade
2. Confidential Information. Confidential Information shall include any non-public information disclosed by the Startup Squad, whether orally, or in writing, through any means of
communication by or on behalf of the Startup Squad. Such non-public information may include technical and business information which concerns or relates to Startup Squad’s proprietary ideas,
patentable ideas, copyrights and/or trade secrets, existing and/or contemplated services, software, schematics, research and development, costs, profit and margin information, finances and
financial projections, customers, clients, marketing or future business plans and models. Such information disclosed to the Recipient shall be treated as Confidential Information, regardless of
whether written or unwritten, or whether such information is designated as Confidential Information. Confidential Information shall also include, but not be limited to, and the Recipient shall have
a duty to protect, other confidential and/or sensitive information which is (a) disclosed by the Startup Squad in writing and marked as confidential (or with similar designation) at the time of the
disclosure; and/or (b) disclosed by the Startup Squad in any other manner and identified as confidential, in any reasonable manner, at the time of disclosure. Confidential Information does not
include information shown or to be or have been: (a) published or otherwise generally known to the public; (b) known by the receiving party before obtaining access to it under this agreement; (c)
provided to the receiving party by a third party not under obligation of confidence; and (d) independently developed by the Recipient without use of Confidential Information.
3. Right to Use. The Recipient shall use the Confidential Information disclosed only for the purpose of evaluating potential business and investment relationships with the Startup Squad as
described in the Purpose. This Agreement shall not be construed as creating, transferring, or conferring upon the Recipient any rights, license or authority to the Confidential Information
disclosed, except the limited right contemplated in the Purpose. Specifically, no license or assignment of any intellectual property rights are granted or implied by this Agreement.
4. Duty to Protect. Recipient shall limit disclosure of the Confidential Information within its own organization to parties who are also bound by an Agreement with the Startup Squad. At no time
shall recipient disclose Confidential Information to any party not known to the Startup Squad.
5. Representations. Startup Squad warrants that the information disclosed under this Agreement is, to the best of Startup Squad’s knowledge, the property of the Startup Squad and that Startup
Squad has the right to make the disclosures contemplated under this Agreement.
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT (Continued)
6. No Obligation. Neither party has any obligation under this Agreement to purchase any service, product or intangibles from the other party. Furthermore, both parties acknowledge and agree
that the disclosure of Confidential Information under this Agreement shall not commit or bind either party to any present or future contractual or business relationship, nor shall it be construed as
an inducement to act or not act in any given manner.
7. Termination. This agreement shall terminate two (2) years from the execution of this Agreement, or the execution of a future agreement between the parties covering, at least in part,
confidentiality obligations of the Recipient, whichever is sooner. If the Startup Squad and Recipient enter into any future agreements related to their relationships, confidentiality provisions in
such agreements shall supersede this agreement wholly.
8. Damages. Both parties agree that, in the event of a breach of the Recipient’s obligations under this Agreement, the Startup Squad shall have incurred substantial economic damages and losses
of types and amounts which are impossible to calculate. Both parties agree that liquidated damages represent a fair, reasonable and appropriate estimate thereof. Accordingly, the Recipient agrees
that liquidated damages may be assessed and recovered. Therefore, Recipient shall be liable to the Startup Squad for payment of liquidated damages in the amount of $150,000 for any breach of
this agreement which results in Confidential Information being disclosed to a party not covered by any agreement with the Startup Squad, as a result of the Recipient’s breach of this Agreement.
Such damages are intended to represent estimated actual economic damage to the Startup Squad and are not intended as a penalty.
9. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to the law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in force and effect
to the extent that such does not create a conflict.
Plain Meaning. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the plain meaning of its language and neither for nor against the drafting party.
11. Entire Agreement. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the disclosure of Confidential Information and the Purpose and supersedes any prior agreements,
understandings, or representations thereto, whether written or oral. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both
12. Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Texas. In the event that this Agreement is breached, any and all disputes shall
be settled in a court of competent jurisdiction in State of Texas, United States of America.
13. Assignability. The Recipient shall not assign this Agreement or any of their rights and obligations under this Agreement without the prior, express written consent of the Startup Squad.
To show their Agreement, the parties acknowledge that they have read and understand this Agreement and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations described herein.