4. Global Internship ProgrammeKey Highlights:1. Professional2. Separate3. Quality
5. “Professional”• 35 hours• Supervision and evaluation• Training plan
6. Global Internship Programme“Professional” checklist:1. Will the intern work at least 35 hours a week?2. Will the intern be supervised and evaluated by full-time employees of the hosting organisation?3. Does the intern have a training or learning plan?4. Does that plan show these 4 points? • The job description the intern will fill • What professional activities, expertise, and/ or skills the intern will develop • How, by whom, and when the development of these skills will be evaluated. • Additional training provided, if any.
7. Global Internship ProgrammeKey Questions:1. What does this mean for management?2. What type of EPs can go on GIP?3. How does GIP relate to the other programmes?
8. Your turn! Make pairs following theinstructions on your screen Explain to each other Give feedback
9. Timeline Sep 1: Raises Sep. 1 to Oct. 15: should Oct. 15: Accountability match Education begins new period definitions• Forms raised before Sep. 1: May be matched if consistent with XPP; should be converted if GCDP. Use AFT!YOU are responsible. Help each other!
10. In practice… GIP Form Test
11. Conclusion:• Answers to “GIP form test” will be sent Monday• Objective check: – I understand the GIP programme definition – I can check if a TN form is GIP – I can explain these to others – I know the timeline for checking if forms are correct