You tube for business, the ultimate guide
- 838 views
Online video can no longer be ignored. On the crowded commuter train many passengers have ditched their evening newspaper for YouTube on their phone. In my office when something goes wrong with the ...
Online video can no longer be ignored. On the crowded commuter train many passengers have ditched their evening newspaper for YouTube on their phone. In my office when something goes wrong with the system our calm, twenty something intern sits back and watches a YouTube video to find a solution to the problem. YouTube is the 2nd biggest search engine in the world behind the mighty Google itself. So there is no doubt that you, as a company, need a presence there. Here’s everything you need to know about YouTube for business to get started.
The business case for using YouTube
Need more reasons to jump on the “YouTube for business” bandwagon?
• 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US, so it is not just a US thing
• 60 hours of video is uploaded every minute
• Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day
• YouTube Mobile gets 400 million views a day
YouTube for business: before you start
Beware – No-one that I am aware of has ever gone onto YouTube in search of boring, self-promoting video.
So before you jump in you need to decide on a few things:-
• You must clearly define who your target audience is and understand what valuable content would be of interest to them.
• Define what your business objective is by creating a YouTube Channel.
• Is it a branding exercise or are you trying to generate sales from your YouTube videos?
• Ensure that YouTube is integrated into an existing Social Media strategy you already have in place.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views