1. Online Marketing Reaching Customers At Warp Speed by Niall Cole
2. Internet Marketing Goals : In A Nutshell.Traffic, Communication, Research - Then Conversion What is the value of the market? Ireland €100 Million, Globally €120 Billion +
3. Glossary Of Common Terms In Online MarketingCPC: Cost per click. CRO: Conversion Rate OptomizationCPM: Cost per thousand impressions. PR: Page RankCTR: Click-through rate. HTML: Hypertext Markup LanguageCPA: Cost Per Acquisition RSS: Really Simple SyndicationPPC: Pay per click. URL: Uniform Resource LocatorPPCSE: Pay per click search engine. CMS: Content Management SystemROI: Return on investment. Meta: MetatagSEO: Search engine optimization. WYSIWYG: What you see what you get.SEM: Search Engine Marketing GUI: Graphic User Interface
4. Types Of Internet MarketingTop Internet Marketing Type # 1- SEOSearch Engine Optimization or SEO involves building your site in such a way that it rank higher in the search engineresult pages for its desired keywords. Relationship building or link building is considered an integral part of SEO to gethigher rankings. SEO may take some time to start getting result but its results are more long lasting than other type of online ordigital marketing methods. SEO involves many methods which may well be considered separate marketing types such as forumand blog comments posting, press releases distribution and relationship or linkbuilding.Top Internet Marketing Type # 2- PPCPay Per Click or PPC is the second most popular method of internet marketing. In this method search engines display your adalong with organic or non-paid results and charge an amount based on the competition for your desired keywords and yourtarget location.Top Internet Marketing Type # 3- Social Media MarketingSocial Media Marketing has emerged a lot during last five years or so. It involves intelligent use of social media channels, suchas, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube for spreading your message and engaging with your target audience.Top Internet Marketing Type # 4- Affiliate MarketingIn this online marketing method, businesses display their products or services on other related websites or blogs and pay thecommission to the sites displaying their ads based on conversion or number of visitors they send.T
5. Types Of Internet Marketing (CONTD)Top Internet Marketing Type # 5- Content Marketing‘Content is King’ is very famous saying in the Internet Marketing field. Generating lot of quality contents to target your desiredkeywords and to engage with your audience can bring loads of marketing benefits for your business. Content doesn’t justinvolve text, it may include other form of digital assets such as videos and images.Top Internet Marketing Type # 6- BloggingBlogging involve writing about your products or services and sharing other interesting stuff through blog in a rather informal way.Blogging is indirectly helpful for SEO as it keeps website fresh and open many other opportunities for targeting long-tailkeywords.Top Internet Marketing Type # 7- Video MarketingVideo marketing is about using videos as a way to marketing your business. The concept of video marketing has grown rapidlyduring last five years or so. Today YouTube and other video sharing sites are among the most visited sites on the internet.Quality videos have great tendency to go viral.Top Internet Marketing Type # 8- Display MarketingDisplaying banner ads on leading online magazines or other industry related sites is known as Display marketing. Manybusinesses use it to promote their business. Usually businesses are charged fixed amounts for a defined period of time.Top Internet Marketing Type # 9- Classified AdsIt is one of the easiest and most cost effective online marketing method. There are lot of quality sites out there for postingclassified ads such as craiglist. These sites are more useful for local business. There are also a numbers of local onlineclassified ads sites everywhere.Top Internet Marketing Type # 10- Email MarketingEmail is one of the most popular and the oldest activity performed on the internet. In this marketing method promotional andinformational emails are used as to build interest in the brand and enhance relationships with the customers. It is one of thecheapest online or digital marketing methods.
6. Facebook Advertising Tips 10 Use multiple ad types. Give customers the opportunity to engage with your business both on Facebook and on your website. Create some ads promoting your Facebook Page to grow your fan base and drive traffic from other ads to your external website.9 Be direct. Facebook users engage with the site differently than on other online sites. Speak toyour customers using direct and concise language. Don’t use marketing jargon if you don’t have to, and be authentic. Avoid superlatives or exaggerated claims. Be direct. Facebook users engage with the site differently than on other online sites. Speak toyour customers using direct and concise language. Don’t use marketing jargon if you don’t have to, and be authentic. Avoid superlatives or exaggerated claims. 8 Keep your ads fresh. If your audience sees the same ad over and over again, they will be less inclined to interact with your ad. Revise your ad creative every few days by swapping old images for new ones or changing your ad title. Incentivize the users to click. Keep your ads fresh. If your audience sees the same ad over and over again, they will be lessinclined to interact with your ad. Revise your ad creative every few days by swapping old images for new ones or changing your ad title. Incentivize the users to click.
7. Facebook Advertising Tips (Contd)7 Use promotion codes. Offer exclusive discounts or offers to Facebook users throughpromotion codes that can be redeemed upon checkout on your site or used in-store. ReferenceFacebook in the code to make the offer more exclusive (for example, FB30). Set an expirationdate so users know for how long the offer is valid, meanwhile creating a sense of urgency.6 Include a call to action. Use a clear call to action to give users a reason to click on your ad.Encourage them to click, buy or try whatever you are offering.Include a call to action. Use a clear call to action to give users a reason to click on your ad.Encourage them to click, buy or try whatever you are offering.5 Choose images wisely. Use a colorful image that stands out against Facebook’s blue andwhite pages. Try to depict people in your image to portray real life utility, as opposed to a logo.Tailor the image to the demographic that you are targeting.Choose images wisely. Use a colorful image that stands out against Facebook’s blue and whitepages. Try to depict people in your image to portray real life utility, as opposed to a logo. Tailorthe image to the demographic that you are targeting.4 Use dynamic keywords. Include words in your ad copy that you alsohave included in your keyword targeting. This creates a more relevantand consistent experience for the viewer. Use dynamic keywords.Include words in your ad copy that you also have included in yourkeyword targeting. This creates a more relevant andconsistent experience for the viewer.
8. Facebook Advertising Tips (Contd)3 Split variable test. Your ad contains three components: copy, image, and targeting. Mix andmatch different combinations to see which result in the highest performance. For example,create 3 ads with the same copy and targeting, but use a different image in each ad to see whichimage yields the best performance. You can do a similar test for any other variable.2 Think outside the box. Keywords on Facebook differ from keywords on other online adplatforms. Keywords are real interests and activities your customers like to do. Put yourself inyour audience’s shoes and find different ways to reach them. Don’t always go for the obviouskeywords.1 Invest in success. Focus on your top performing ads by pausing weaker ads. Gather insightsfrom advertising performance reports, demographic profile reports and your conversion data tomaximize ad performance.
9. Image Examples FB Ads
10. Image Examples FB Ads
11. Launching Or Promoting Your Website On A Shoestring Getting Your Website Out ThereIncrease your visibility on search engines: Insert keywords that describe your business into the HTML < META >tags on your Web site pages. Repeat these keywords in the text of your Web site’s homepage. Strategic use ofkeywords can put your business name at the top of customers’ search results. For more information, see our article“Optimizing Your Site for Search Engines and Directories”.Put your URL on everything: Maximize your advertising efforts by listing your Web site address on everything youdo. Print the URL on your company’s letterhead, on your business cards, on the front of your building or the door toyour office suite. Use the URL in your e-mail signature. List the URL on any print advertising that you do, includingphone books, brochures, flyers, and direct mail pieces.Submit your site to every directory, specialty listing, industry organization, and yellow pages you can find: Nomatter what industry your business is in, there are online directories, such as Yahoo! Yellow Pages, that you shouldregister with. Many business and industry associations allow you to list your business on their Web site. In addition,there are individuals who maintain popular lists of resources; use Web search engines to find these lists, and thencreate an entry for your business.Utilize evangelists: Channel the energy of your most enthusiastic staff and encourage themto promote your company’s product as they surf the Web.
12. Launching Or Promoting Your Website On A Shoestring Getting Your Website Out There - ContdBlogs: A Weblog, or blog, is a collection of short articles, essays, or loosely-formatted thoughts, usually written by oneindividual. Since the 2004 U.S. presidential election, blogs have become extremely popular as both a medium to getyour message out and a vehicle for paid advertising. Blogs also encourage reader comments, making them a valuabletool for gathering customer feedback. Companies such as Blogger (www.blogger.com) will host your blog for free. Youcan also install a blog on your own Web site with free software such as MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net).Podcasting: Podcasts are audio files recorded in a radio talk show format. By posting podcasts on your Web site andother sites like Apple’s iTunes (www.itunes.com), customers can subscribe to your podcasts, download them as soonas they are available, and then listen to them on their computers or portable MP3 devices. The software to create podcastsis free; for more information visit www.podcastingnews.com.Join online communities: No matter what the topic, there are thousands of people discussing itpassionately on the Internet. By contributing to these discussion groups, you can inform yourcustomers and advertise your business..E-mail lists: Cultivate a list of your customers’ e-mail addresses and send them new productannouncements, coupons, special offers, and useful information. 1.
13. Launching Or Promoting Your Website On A Shoestring Getting Your Website Out There - ContdGet the attention of the press: Pitch news ideas about your industry to local newspapers, radio stations, and television stations.Pitch ideas to Web news sites. Propose that one of your employees be the expert interviewed in the news piece.Win awards: Research organizations that give awards for the products or services you provide. Apply for these awards and takethe process seriously. When you win, make the most of the publicity.Publish information and reports about your industry: Provide consumers with free information about your business’ industry.Invest in potential customers and they will invest in you.Reciprocal links: Companies such as LinkLeads (www.linkleads.com) help businesses by facilitating an exchange of hyperlinks.By allowing a company to insert links to their products on your site, a company will allow youto insert links to your products on its site.Reciprocal banner ads: Companies such as 123Banners (www.123banners.com) help businessesby facilitating free banner advertisement swaps. By allowing a company to advertise on your site, theyallow you to advertise on theirs. Be sure you retain control over what Web sites carry your ads, andwhat ads you post on your site.Coupons: Make coupons available on your Web site and e-mail them to your customers.Encourage them to give the coupons to friends and family.
14. Launching Or Promoting Your Website On A Shoestring Getting Your Website Out There - ContdFree samples of your product or service: Offer free samples of your product or service. Distribute these samples as widely aspossible. Register your giveaways with Web sites such as A+ Free Stuff (www.aplusfreestuff.com) that act as a clearinghouse forfree products. Before giving something away for free, ask customers to provide their e-mail address or fill out a short survey.Free classified ads: Use services like Yahoo! Classifieds (http://classieds.yahoo.com) to post free ads for your products andservices. Also consider posting offers for free samples of your products, sweepstakes, and other giveaways.Excellent customer service: There’s no advertising like personal recommendations made between friends and family. The bestway to encourage this type of “viral marketing” is to provide excellent customer service. Take the time to properly train andmotivate your sales people and do what is necessary to satisfy your customers’ needs.Business alliances and partnerships: Build partnerships with businesses that offer complementary products and services, andthen promote each other. Make joint press statements about your industry, your partnership, and your products and services.Make sure your partners provide links from their Web sites to yours.Ezine: Write an e-mail newsletter, called an ezine, with articles about your industry, your products andservices, and related news of interest to your customers. Check out sources such as goarticles.comand ezinearticles.com, which provide free articles you can use in your ezine. Advertise your ezine forfree with directory sites such as www.ezine-dir.com.