NextGen has been very artful
in designing the EHR to
comprehensively cover all
my needs, ultimately resulting
in quick, efficient patient care.
Robert W. Bentley, MD
Eye Health Northwest
Client since 2010
Whether you need to replace your existing electronic health
record (EHR) with one that complies with Meaningful Use
(MU) Stage 2 and ICD-10, or you’re ready to invest in your first
EHR, see how our revolutionary, ambulatory EHR—our new
8 Series—can help you work simpler, smarter, faster, and stay
You have to see it—and experience it—to believe it. Our
Ambulatory EHR is a game changer.
implementation and improve
8 Series is very simple.Out of the
box you will be able to navigate
the system and make your
workflow so efficient.
Gustin Ho, MD
Client since 2007
Work simpler and safer.
Role-based workflows help your efficiency skyrocket and
reduce the administrative burden of documentation, all while
improving care management.
Work Simpler and Safer
Be more efficient. Reduce administrative burdens. Improve care management.
• Streamline MU reporting using embedded MU criteria—and receive MU credit without
leaving your workflow
• Improve care management using guidelines embedded in your workflow and an
automatic risk factor display
• Easily view important vital signs and lab data for a patient’s relevant chronic conditions
• Help standardize care using “standing orders” and nurse protocols
• Reduce charting time, and chart by exception, while simultaneously creating a full patient note
• Automatically eliminate duplicate items
• Save significant time by eliminating free-text typing, by streamlining
data entry/configuration, and more
• Obtain CMS credit simply by clicking on the “reviewed” check box
Diagnosis Search Tool
Work simpler using our new ICD-9 / ICD-10 diagnosis search tool. With this web
browser-like search, results are ranked by relevance and frequency of use. Using
simple drag-and-drop functionality you can configure this tool, by user, on the fly!
You can work intelligently using the 8 Series’
specialty-focused content, delivered in a logical, simple
layout, with a crisp, clean design.
8 Series is smart because it
thinks like most physicians think
and has made it possible to see
more patients each day.
Ken Bowers, MD
Muir Medical Group
Client since 2006
Content for 25 specialties
Every patient, practice, and provider is different. That’s why, with NextGen Ambulatory
EHR, you can adjust for specialty- and practice-specific needs on the fly, and
accommodate patient variability—all without the hassle of system configurations.
Work intuitively and intelligently using a crisp, new, clean EHR design.
• Physician-friendly design reflects how physicians think in a way that feels natural and easy
• Enjoy an intuitive user experience via streamlined navigation, intelligent use of color, and clean
– Configurable, easy-to-use navigation and patient information bar
– Auto-grow grids minimize scrolling
• Change order sets on the fly without learning a template building tool
• Take advantage of 20 years of collective intelligence—and the input of countless healthcare providers
The simple, streamlined design and heads-up display helps you work smarter,
showing you meaningful information about the patient as soon as you open the
chart. The muted color palette of cool grays, whites, and subtle blues helps
you focus on important alerts and, ultimately, your patient.
The NextGen EHR is very easy to use.
It’s configurable for each user so they
can work the way they want to and
can easily document from section to
section without scrolling! So
Tom Witt, Information Systems Director,
Winchester Orthopaedic Associates, Ltd.
Work faster and easier.
Get ready to streamline implementation, minimize training
time, and attain outstanding adoption rates—all without
time-consuming EHR customizations.
Work Faster and Easier
Streamline implementation. Improve adoption rates.
• Personalize your user experience—without customizations—using role-based workflows
– Add favorites and save complete workflows
• Reduce training and implementation time by leveraging the intuitive navigation and design
• Use the EHR efficiently and help ensure outstanding adoption rates via intelligent workflows
– Save an entire SOAP note, then reuse it for common findings, using “Quick Note”
– Retain your preferences for procedures and exams using “Quick Saves”
Save a SOAP note
then reuse it for common findings, using “Quick Note”
The Home screen quickly allows you to work faster and see past HPIs, exams,
assessments, and plans, as well as review medications, allergies, and past medical
history. Easily flip through the chart with the auto-grow grids.
The support we’ve received from NextGen has
allowed Lone Star to develop a very sophisticated
approach to connected care. I cannot think of any
other EHR company out there that would have
made this possible — not even close.
Tamarah Duperval-Brownlee, MD
Chief Medical Officer, Lone Star Circle of Care
Enhance patient care via real-time access to up-to-the-minute
patient data. As your one-stop connectivity solution, our EHR
helps to ensure you stay well connected.
Get real-time data access. Automate referrals and more.
Connect with your community.
• Add interoperability – use a shared database and single-vendor architecture
• Gain real-time access to up-to-the-minute patient data for higher care quality
• Ability to view and document Coordination of Care used by the whole care team
– Team member list, referral history, care plan history, and more
• Automate referrals, prescriptions, lab results, and more
• Communicate more efficiently with your patients using NextGen®
• Align your clinical and business requirements with our total, integrated solution
• Connect with other exchanges, registries, and more
NextGen Ambulatory EHR integrates
with our entire product suite—including
Practice Management, NextGen®
Patient Portal, and NextGen®
Health—for consistent, real-time clinical
and administrative workflow. As you evolve,
our enterprise architecture supports your
changing business requirements.
Katzen Eye Group
Providing ophthalmology care since 1968, this Baltimore, MD organization treats over 600 patients daily.
With its NextGen®
solution, Katzen Eye Group:
• Received 100% return on Medicare audit
• Reduced accounts/receivable days 58% (from 52 to 22)
• Increased revenue 22%
• Expected MU incentives of $400,000
• Increased patient encounters 18%
We upgraded in only three weeks without
missing a beat! Plus, it’s like NextGen
built this new EHR with me in mind! It’s
everything I’ve wanted.
Brett Katzen, MD
President, Katzen Eye Group
Health Care Association
This San Francisco-based non-profit medical group has over 200 providers. Delivering culturally-diverse
healthcare in over 15 different specialty areas.
The key benefits the organization experienced with its NextGen®
• Improved quality of care
• Streamlined workflow and practice efficiency
• Increased patient throughput and satisfaction
• Prepared for ICD-10 and MU Stage 2
The 8 Series brought user sex appeal to the
table—when I first launch it, I think, this is a
system that is hip—it’s not something that’s
been hanging around for 10 years.
Jonathan Everett, Manager of HIT
Chinese Community Health Care Association
Client since 2007
Scalable to Your Practice Size
ambulatory products are scalable to any practice size and configurable to meet the unique
workflow and content needs of both physicians and office staff. Our clients—who represent the gamut
of practice sizes, specialties, and roles—demonstrate that flexibility.
It’s not about IT, it never has been. It’s about the user.
The physicians live in the EHR all day long. They love
the clinical content that NextGen provides.
Donald Cope, Director of Information Systems
Newman Regional Health
Client since 2010
Are you thinking about replacing your EHR? You’re not alone. Studies show
a strong national trend of EHR replacement — and getting stronger!
We know. It’s tough. The constant frustration with your current EHR. Nevertheless, you cringe at the
thought of switching and going through another implementation. NextGen Healthcare has helped
thousands of providers, like you, make the switch to get the results they deserve.
We made the switch because all NextGen’s
solutions are fully integrated—not to mention
the data download from our previous vendor into
NextGen was absolutely seamless.
Emma Mayer, CFO
Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
Client since 2010
Meet Your MU, PCMH, and ACO Goals
Value-based reimbursement delivery models require providers to meet quality
benchmarks, focus on prevention, and better manage the health of their patient
population, particularly those with chronic diseases.
NextGen Ambulatory EHR provides the functional foundation you need to comply with ICD-10 and
meet your Meaningful Use (MU), Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), and Accountable Care
Organization (ACO) objectives. Our EHR evolves with the healthcare market—and you—as needs
and industry demands change.
We can help you achieve these goals by:
• Demonstrating Meaningful Use of a certified EHR throughout all stages of MU
• Enabling the exchange of clinical and financial data across the continuum of care
• Helping you measure, monitor, and manage your patient population
• Partnering with you to achieve continuous healthcare improvement and cost reduction
• Helping you improve your patients’ experience of care
We’re ICD-10 ready because the
built-in tools really help facilitate
this transition. Plus, our workflow
greatly improved…it’s just more
logical for providers.
Mark Holliday, Director of Information
Technology Services, Methodist Healthcare
Ministries of South Texas, Inc.
We upgraded to meet quality and regulatory
requirements but got much more. We increased
patient satisfaction and safety and reduced our
clinical risk. Those are great results.
Doug Mitchell, PhD, RN, CPHQ,
Associate Vice President of Case,
Quality Risk Management and
Regulatory Compliance, IASIS
Strong ROI equals peace of mind
When you invest in an EHR, in addition to helping you provide better care, you
want it to also provide a powerful ROI—and the peace of mind that that comes
when your EHR helps you maintain and increase your financial health.
Our 8 Series EHR content offers visibility into your profitability and proven ROI:
• Better cash flow through optimized claims and fewer denials
• Improve and track outcomes for pay-for-performance revenue—and more referrals
• Increase patient volume, such as for health maintenance, by leveraging automated reminders
• Streamline reporting via automated MU-related data capture directly into your workflow
• Improve reimbursements with better EM coding accuracy
• Reduce expenses for transcription, paper, postage, storage, and data exchange
A smart financial investment
The 8 Series EHR content is flexible to purchase, straightforward to implement,
quick to learn, and simple to use. All factors that help ensure you’ve made a
smart financial investment. However, there’s more.
• A proven best practices implementation methodology where you choose your pace
• Numerous training methods such as on-site, web, and training centers—as well as continuing education
• 24/7 support with a U.S.-based support team
• Interoperability with major practice management systems, labs, radiology, and diagnostic equipment
• A commitment to maintain current certifications
We also guarantee that the software will work properly, stay interoperable, remain robust, enable your
participation in federal incentive programs—and that we’ll train you to use it productively.
Realize your ROI in less time than other systems, and quantify actual results. Choose a partner that evolves with the
healthcare market—and you—as your needs and industry demands change. Let us help you reach your quality goals
as you face the challenges of MU, PCMH, accountable care, and more.
This was our best implementation from
a vendor. The solution enhanced our
practices’ efficiencies, saved significant
time, and helped free up administrative
staff. Our on-site NextGen trainer and
project manager were a joy to work with,
and made the transition easy.
Rita Moran, Director of Ambulatory Care
Information System Services
Interoperable with major
systems and diagnostic
Integrates with our
entire product suite
for a complete
Delivers a strong,
proven ROI via better
cash flow, streamlined
Provides the foundation
you need to meet quality
goals such as MU, PCMH,
ACO, and more
10 Reasonsto Choose
NextGen Ambulatory EHR
Developed with the
patient in mind to help you
raise your level of care for
designed to fit your
have quickly adopted
and embraced its user-
24/7 support via a
Scalable to any practice
size, specialty, or role —
and personalized to
Evolves with the market,
and you, while maintaining