This slide deck takes a look at the results from a recent network monitoring survey carried out by NetFort. The increased use of external SAAS and cloud based services; consolidation of servers into fewer data centres is driving demand for deeper insight into bandwidth consumption, especially on critical links. However, the number of applications in use on networks today and increased use of CDNs (Content Distribution Networks) makes it very difficult to see clearly what is happening and making life very difficult for network managers.
NetFort LANGuardian is deep packet inspection software for investigating, monitoring, and reporting on network activity. LANGuardian helps network administrators to:
- Classify network traffic by application and by user
- Troubleshoot bandwidth issues right across the network
- Perform network or user forensics on past events
- Investigate activity on Windows file shares,
- Keep track of user activity on the Internet.