http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/86399392@N00/109403231/ Joining the eBook Creation Revolution Jason Neiffer the University of Montana Montana Digital Academy Tech-Savvy Teacher Professional Development Group
1. Use PowerPoint (or KeyNote or GooglePresentations or OpenOﬃce Presenter) tocreate slides, adding audio or even video clips.2. Avoid using ANY template... use a blankwhite page instead to avoid the PowerPointlook.3. Export as a PDF (ﬂat books) or in aPowerPoint format; readable by anyone withPowerPoint.
1. Download the excellent template providedby Apple. http://jasonlinks.net/c2. Book can include media!3. Export the ﬁnal version as an ePub(readable by most eBook readers but NOT theKindle).4. Use the conversion program Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to convert to otherformats, including the Kindle format.5. Distribute the ﬁle, including throughAmazon, iBooks Store, Nook Store, etc.
1. On most home and labcomputers.2. Free versions available.3. Very familiar platform. Pages and Calibre 1. On most home and lab computers. 2. Free versions available. 3. Very familiar platform.
1. Download iBooks Author from the Appstore (free!).2. Export to PDF to share with almost alleReaders (lacks interactivity focus). File canbe distributed via email/website/etc.3. Export to iBooks Format to share with iPadand iPad Mini. File can be distributed viaiTunes to iPads, or published through theiBooks Store.
1. Amazing, free platform for creatingmedia-based books.2. Great opportunities for interactivity.3. Seamless integration with Appleecosystem. iBooks Author 1. Author is Mac only. 2. Best products are iPad only.
Resources:Creative Book Builder:http://jasonlinks.net/fBook Creator for iPad:http://jasonlinks.net/g
1. Intuitive, manipulatable interfacethat is loved by kids and adults.2. Cheap innovative platform.3. Made speciﬁcally for the Appleecosystem but publishes standardformat. Apps 1. Tablets are diﬃcult for long text processing. 2. The apps are functional, but lack advanced features.
First step: Embrace the technology yourself !http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/51035555243@N01/3305732733/