1. <ul><li>Topic for Discussion: </li></ul><ul><li>Designing and execution of the campaign </li></ul><ul><li>The best part about the campaign </li></ul><ul><li>The worst part of the campaign </li></ul><ul><li>Personal views and ideas about the campaign </li></ul>Evaluate an existing significant marketing campaign for the Students done by any brand recently.
3. Design & Execution of the Campaign <ul><li>An initiative carried out between a popular Tea manufacturing company, Tata Tea and a Bangalore based NGO - Janagraha </li></ul><ul><li>Tea drinking is a habit deeply engraved into our lifestyles. It is a symbol of refreshing our mind and providing renewed energy. Thus an awakening campaign using the brand platform reinforces the strength of the brand thereby creating an impact on mass audiences </li></ul><ul><li>TV commercial – “Har subah sirf utho mat, jaago re”. The ads were made specifically keeping in mind various concerns faced by the community at large, emphasising simple and interesting messages that have a straight mark on the minds of the individuals ( TG ). </li></ul><ul><li>Online portal – www.jaagore.com is an extension of the TV commercial which helps to clear doubts regarding elections and voting </li></ul><ul><li>Follow Up Strategy: Apart from all internet marketing and TV commercial, there has been continuous follow up strategies like emails and messages </li></ul>
4. Best part about the Campaign <ul><li>A social initiative to motivate the vast majority of the Indian youth to actively participate in the electoral process of the country, thereby empowering them to make a wise decision and be responsible </li></ul><ul><li>A perfect blend of caused based marketing and Corporate Social Responsibility </li></ul><ul><li>Has integrated the social campaign effectively with the main advertising campaign by riding on the popularity of the digital media , thereby creating the site Jaago Re as an idea exchange platform </li></ul><ul><li>TV commercial is extremely motivating , leading to an eye opening impact on the target audience </li></ul><ul><li>Interactive and easy to use website </li></ul><ul><li>Follow up activities </li></ul>
5. Pitfalls of the Campaign “ Only targeted to educate and internet literate masses.” Ignored the vast majority of the Indian population who lives in towns and villages and they are the ones whose voice counts, but they do not have the access or the privilege to internet.
6. Personal Views & Ideas <ul><li>The communication gives out a strong message and acts as a wakeup call for the billion people of this country- To awaken oneself, unite and bring about a change </li></ul><ul><li>The campaign brings home a fact that a partnership between Corporate and NGOs can help bring a lot of difference in the attitude of people </li></ul><ul><li>The consideration set could have been wider by better targeting of smaller cities and rural areas </li></ul><ul><li>Apart from TV commercials and internet marketing the campaign also should have included other types of marketing communication like print media, stand alone or events and road shows outside colleges and various other institutions leading to doubt clearance across over the table </li></ul><ul><li>Apart from all the advertising, campaign also could have concentrated more on tie-ups with election commissions to help the local and illiterate masses to understand the importance of the same. </li></ul>