Notes on the Medieval Period
• The medieval History is of more than 700 years
which began around the year 800.
• During this time there were key advances of the
society, government and religion.
• This period is also called The Middle Ages and the
Dark Ages. Many people died of disease during this
period. It was a dark time in history because of
ignorance, sickness, and death.
• The period followed the fall of the Western Roman
Empire in 476, and preceded the Early Modern Era.
• It is the middle period in a three-period division of
history: Classical, Medieval, and Modern.