MGF1100: Managerial Communication
Effective Group Outcomes
Your Tutor (me)
– 9903 4065
– Building N Level 5 Room 14
• Group Assignment
> Group Presentation and Individual Essay
• Due Week 10 during tutorial
• Worth 25%
> Group Presentation (10%) Individual Essay (15%)
• 10 minute presentation
• 1500 words for the essay (8 references)
• Peer evaluation forms
• Problem Solving Exercise
• Determine which day of the week the Oblisk was built
• There is information on the cards
• Deal the cards evenly face down
• You cannot look at each others cards
• What helped you achieve the result?
• What stopped you from getting the result quicker?
• Is this like skills in the workforce? Are your skills hidden from
• Red Hat - Feelings
• Yellow Hat – Strengths
• Black Hat - Weaknesses
• Green Hat – New Ideas
• White Hat - Information
• Blue Hat – What is needed
• The directors of a property company are looking at whether
they should construct a new office building. The economy is
doing well, and the amount of vacant office space is reducing
• As part of your decision your team decide to use the 6
Thinking Hats technique during a planning meeting to advise
Take some time
• Write something now about your team in regards to the Zin Oblisk
and the 6 Hats activity
• What factors make effective group decision making and problem
• Did the composition of Belbin assist the tasks? Were you missing an
• Was the 6 hats useful? Why or why not?
Take some time
• To chat about your group assignment
• When are you going to meet?
• Do you have any new ideas?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.