• Guided Reading Activities
• Weeks 2-11
• Worth 20%
• Need to submit at least 8 of 10
• Handed in to Cristina
• Put your name, my name, your student number and
class time on the front
• Info on Moodle
• Group Assignment (groups of 4)
• Research Paper with subheadings
• Week 8 Monday September 16 4pm
• 3,000 words
• Worth 30%
• You are required to explore the ethical and business
dimensions of a chosen issue falling under one of
the topics in the assignment guide.
Stanford Prison Experiment
1. What does this experiment indicate about human behaviour? Can
you think of any parallels in any of the cases/theories we have
2. Can you think of professions where the professional role may
introduce moral risk in the way demonstrated by the experiment?
3. What sort of processes might offer a safeguard against this kind of
• What is the influence of roles and obligations on
ethical behaviour in organisations?
– i.e. does a certain position in a certain industry
change the way in which you act ethically?
• What are solutions to safeguard against these
• Using the Wicks et al. model as a base design:
– Organisational processes and policies
– Leadership training and development for an
In Groups (3 groups this time)
• One group amoral
• One group values-based
• One group ethical
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of each
– Think about our discussion on role-pressure vs
Spend some time now:
Preparing a brief research plan for their project:
• Topic you will do
• Who will do what part and by when
• Timeline of completion
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.