MGF3681: International Management
Cross Cultural Teams
Week 10 Lecture
• Define Parent-country nationals, Host-country nationals, Third
country nations, and Flexpatriates.
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of using
expatriates on international assignments? Consider issues
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of Ethnocentric,
Regiocentric, Polycentic, and Geocentric IHRM orientation?
1. Identify the type of team described in the case. Describe the
characteristics of the team that assisted in your identification.
2. What do you perceive to be the barriers confronting the
effectiveness of the team identified above?
3. What are some of the advantages/disadvantages of using
this type of team?
4. Provide some recommendations that will assist the members
to be more cohesive.
What: Monash-Warwick Alliance Roadshow
When: Tuesday 15th October, 12.30-1.30pm
Where: New Horizons Building (Building 82), Room G29 and G30 (Next to
Engineering multi-level car park)
Get information regarding:
•Travel stipends to the UK
•Scholarships and nurseries
•International research opportunities
•Academic Publication opportunity in Reinvention
•International Conference of Undergraduate Research (ICUR)
Light refreshments provided.
• Be prepared
Week 11 Lecture
• Identify and discuss five (5) ethical issues identified in
international management. Provide examples to support your
• Identify and discuss the six (6) basic ethical languages
identified by Donaldson (1992).
• Critically evaluate the views of ethical relativism and ethical
universalism. Provide examples to support your arguments.
• List the five (5) economic and five (5) legal components of
• Explain the five (5) stages of moral development, giving
examples for each.