Tips for choosing the right medical transcription provider for your practice!
Tips for choosing the
right medical transcription
provider for your practice
Tips to hire the perfect transcriber!
• Documenting patient records is a huge challenge.
• Medical documentation has become the ball and chain of
• It means more hours spent at the office and feeling
rushed all day.
• Here are a few tips to choose the right transcription
provider for your practice.
Do a trial run…
• Ask for a free trial of the services, to check whether your
transcriber or scribe can work without disrupting your
• Send a dictation that contains terminology related to your
• A no-obligation free trial is the best way to find out if they
are the perfect fit for the job.
Do you work with an EMR?
• Most EMRs have complex workflows and templates.
• Your medical transcriber or scribe should be well versed
with your EMR/EHR system.
• Enquire about previous experience of working with the
EMR in your medical practice.
Gob-smacked by your bill?
• There are several vendors who hide behind a
smokescreen of hazy prices.
• Cost per line is the standard pricing policy followed by
• Verify if the pricing structure is transparent and there is
no fine print involved.
• Ask for a list of the clients your transcriber has worked
• Cross verify each detail and enquire if contact details of
clients can be provided.
• Analyze the data security measures followed by the firm.
For more details call