Africa--Developing new generations of e-learning systems2. Training in the use of new e-learning systems3. Improving infrastructure for ICT software research and developmentpromote the testing and application of the e-health software2. design and provide training on e-health and3. promote the diffusion of the e-health software across the continentAfrica—EU--It provides a platform for promoting national and regional ICT policies and strengthening the regulatory framework in Africa based on international good practices. It also contributes to harmonising ICT initiatives, including infrastructure connectivity and interoperability. It promotes the use of ICTs of high societal impact in Africa, for example in the areas of e-health, e-government and e-learning, as well as enhancing ICT human resources, e-skills and digital literacy.
One lap top per child --Mission Statement: To create educational opportunities for the world's poorest children by providing each child with a rugged, low-cost, low-power, connected laptop with content and software designed for collaborative, joyful, self-empowered learning. When children have access to this type of tool they get engaged in their own education. They learn, share, create, and collaborate. They become connected to each other, to the world and to a brighter future.Close the Gap: Close the Gap is an international not-for-profit organisation that helps bridging this digital divide by offering cost-efficient high-quality used IT-equipment to projects in the South. Socio-educational programs such as schools, hospitals and other projects focusing on improvement of educational and information facilities can ask for support by Close the Gap.Close the Gap wants to counter the digital divide and therefore collects computers from its donors, has the hard disks cleaned, the hardware checked and subsequently configured according to the requirements of its end-users. The computers are then shipped to the destination country by air or sea transport. Locally, they are incorporated in a support and maintenance program to ensure good usage and sustainability.
1. Digital DivideBridging the Gap: Is there a plan?
2. Is there a plan?United States 21st Century Digital Infrastructure  National Wireless Initiative-high speed wireless services available to 98% of Americans  Makes more airwave available for enhanced cell phone and other wireless services
3. Is there a plan?United States RecoveryAct-Broadband Expansion to Rural America  $7 billion targeted toward investments to expand broadband access nationwide Whitehouse.gov/issues/technology
4. Is there a plan?Global Digital Agenda for Europe Africa Science and Technology Consolidated Plan of Action Africa-EU Partnership on Science, Information Society and Space
5. Is there a plan?Global LATINCOM One laptop per child Close the Gap-Bridging the Digital Divide
6. Digital DivideThings to Ponder….. Divide within the divide  Generational  Racial  Educational
7. Digital DivideThings to Ponder…. Are smartphones a solution?  Inferior internet  Costly
8. Digital DivideMost Importantly!!!!!! Educate!!!!!  Use of technology  Innovation