As a rule, advertisers want to spread the information they are interested in as quickly and as widely as possible. This approach does not work in social networks. We will have to understand what can make people talk to us and want to build relationships with us.
in Russian Social Media
(Culminatum Innovation Ltd Oy -
5. 1,5 billion
Internet users in the world
50, 000, 000
Russian Internet users
6. One in every 7Internet users
blogs of others
7. 18, 000, 000
8. Russia ranks
in the world
in social networks
9. Every day
200,000 new posts
about 1, 000, 000tweets (in Twitter.com)
about 7, 000new blogs
450, 000comments on Liveinternet.ru and Livejournal.com
more than 500, 000, 000 posts
in Russian-language blogs
10. Why is it
for your business?
11. How do you use Internet?
70.8% Internet users READ blogs
27.7% Internet users OWN blogs
12. Some statistics
write in blogs about their impressions on products and brands
believe bloggers who write about products and brands
believe people with detailed blog's profile
13. Where to find the right people?
15. Topics relevant for Russian tourists
Travel stories, travel photos
Advice for travellers
Geographical leader - Ukraine
16. 4 LEVELS of INVOLVEMENT
in online communication
2. PR 2.0
3. CREATING THEIR MISSIONS
How do you
18. Query language
Туризм&Финляндия/ Tourism & Finland
Финляндия (туризм | путешествие | поездка ) –
Хельсинки / Finland (tourism | travel | trip) Helsinki
19. Blog search engines in Russian
20. ‘Отпуск в Финляндии’ / ‘Vacation in Finland’
21. For comparison
22. For comparison
23. «Pulse of the blogosphere»
as a monitoring tool
24. Well-known Finnish brand
25. Nokia and Samsung
26. Tikkurila and Remmers
27. «Pulse of the blogosphere»
MONITORING YOUR BRAND
MONITORING COMPETITOR ACTIVITIES
TRACKING PAID PUBLICATIONS
28. CONNECTIONS BETWEEN PEOPLE,
NOT WITH PUBLIC
MARKETING MODEL -
30. New model— DIALOGIE,
31. ALT: Ctrl Delete
• Everybody talks – you do not possess control over the
• You are participating in the global reputational system with no
• Your consumers in aggregate are smarter than you, and they
are associated in the networks.
• Show respect
– Many bloggers are pleasantly surprised when companies
really read their postings.
– Write personal messages or comments directly in the blog.
32. Preparatory work
• Think as a blogger. A blogger tries to harmonize his or her
interests as a content publisher and interests of his or her
• Check the tag cloud, blog rubrics or at least post
• Post links to the blog of the person, to whom you intend
to write a message.
• Engage in conversations – comment postings relevantly.
- Engage in conversations
- Offer your help and information
- Invite people to participate in
34. Blog etiquette
• Do not use any slogans as post subjects. Do not write subjects
in capital letters. Be clear and precise.
• Obviously there can be no mistakes in the blogger’s name.
• Introduce yourself briefly and with no pretence. If you have
already talked to this person before, feel free to mention it. Do
not be discreet about whom you work for and what your goal
• Explain why you are writing to this person (or calling him or
her, or contact them through an instant messenger).
• While you may have any deadlines to meet (launching a new
product, posting news), bloggers do not have to do that.
35. Writing a message
• Do not write much – bloggers have enough to read.
You better write a short message (about 50 words).
• Provide links to additional sources on the topic.
• Suggest in what regard your message can be
interesting to a regular reader. Sometimes numbers
make better arguments and sometimes emotions.
• Figure out what time it is at the place of the person
you are contacting and do not call them at night.
• Do not abuse the blogger’s good attitude. Do not use
it too often.
36. Don’ts of writing a message
• Do not try to buy the blogger’s opinion – your reputations is worth more than
• Do not email to the blogger your press releases.
• Don’t send ‘old news’. The blogger might have received this information
through their RSS feed or from another blog or social medium.
• Do not ask strangers to post a link or to get registered in your project .
• Do not insist that the blogger repeat your phrases. Behave as an assistant not
as a customer.
• Do not send angry messages, do not threat or demand publication. Have you
chosen the right blogs?
• Do not ignore asking for permission to use the exact quote (= show respect),
thus you will obtain an inspired blogger.
37. Example of a message
• And now answer me in one sentence what I am supposed to
write about you in my blog and why it should be interesting to
• What did they answer?
38. Your own blog – what for?
• 36% Internet users have higher opinion
about the companies that have their own
• Journalists like blogs as well
• Your own multimedia informational
• Two-sided conversation
• Higher involvement of employees
• Better reputation for top managers
• Search for new employees
• Reality check for new ideas
• In case of informational war
39. Natural planning of blogging
1. Determine goals and principles.
2. Outline the ultimate result.
3. Have a brainstorm (find a solution).
4. Organize the process.
5. Determine the action sequence.
Many of us are not used to follow this logic. The activity is
40. Success stories
41. Canada invites you!
Ролик на Youtube
42. 32, 000 views in 2 months
43. How do they do it?
Тhe Canadian Tourism Commission launched interactive murals
to inspire Americans to book a Canadian vacation.
The Canadian Tourism Commission can be found on the
following social channels:
Facebook - http://facebook.com/keepexploring
Twitter - http://twitter.com/keep_exploring
44. 14, 594 ‘Like’s on Facebook
45. 2, 301 followers on Twitter
47. How do they do it?
48. Cheaptrip on Twitter
QUEUES FOR TICKETS AT 4 OFFICES IN
45, 908 community members in
2, 200 followers on Twitter
INTERNET PROMOTION ONLY!
50. How do you get recognized?
FREE ways to get
51. Social bookmarks
on the Internet
52. Web 2.0
53. Social news
54. Social objects
55. Social objects
56. Inspired by Iceland
800, 000 views on Vimeo
500, 000 views on the official website
On the TOP of Facebook during a week
2, 000, 000 tweets on Twitter
58. Aggressive environment
Targeted dissemination of deliberately misleading harmful
information — informational attacks.
On the Internet, information spreads in a blink of an eye.
Starting in blogs, it easily appears in the news feeds of
informational agencies and so on.
60. Important difference!
On the Internet, anonymous dissemination of
information is possible.
Communication on the Internet-based platforms
is very democratic.
Every participant of the informational space gets
to express their opinion and to be heard.
61. How to express your point of view?
• First of all – consider the
situation, outline the action
• Never start to offer
excuses. Even if the
accusations are ludicrous.
• Never let the
emotions to guide
62. Prepare a plan
• Our goals
• Strategy and tactics
• Materials (texts, photos, videos)
• Allies. Whom can we ask for help?
63. Fight your fights
• Reduction to absurdity
• Humor, derision
• Information about your achievements,
improvement of your reputation
• Attracting the audience’s attention to
secondary issues and trifles
• Tagging your opponent
64. Case studies
В интернете возможно анонимное распространение
На интернет-площадках общение очень демократичное.
Выслушивается точка зрения ВСЕХ участников
65. 5 steps to social media
Start with monitoring
Get involved in dialogue
Define the strategy
Create your blog
Generate content and social objects
66. Feel free to ask any questions.
cell.:+7 905 546 11 53