First Trailer: Ironman
1. At what point in the trailer are we told the name of the film? Why is this?
We are only told the name of the film at the end of the trailer which seems to aim to raise suspense
and keep the audience’s attention on the trailer making them curious to know exactly what the film is.
2. Why are we told who is starring in the film? How is this information given to us?
We are not told who is starring in the film but we can recognize the main actors as they are quite
3. What type of action from the film do we see?
We see quite a lot of action from the main film in the trailer which contrasts against the funnier, lighter
sides of the film that are shown in the trailer.
4. What clues does the music give us as to what type of film the trailer is advertising?
The music gives the audience a clue that the type of film is an action film.
5. What can you say about the voice of the person delivering the voiceover?
There is no voiceover in this trailer.
6. Why do you think this voice was chosen? What effect does it have?
7. How does the speed of what we see compare to watching a clip from a film? Why is
At the start of the trailer there is a lot going on and the editing tempo is very quick, flashing from clip to
clip with only a second or so on each clip to create a sense of tenseness and suspense. Towards the
end the editing becomes slower to give the audience a bit more information and to pique their interest
8. Does the speed alter through the trailer or stay the same?
The speed alters throughout the trailer, it is faster at the start which gathers interest then slows down
to give the audience relevant information.
9. What information are we given in the very last frame of the trailer?
In the very last frame of the trailer we are given the name of the film (Ironman) and the date it is
10. Which is more effective in making you want to see the film, the poster or the trailer?
Why is this?
The trailer is more effective in making me wanting to see the movie because it gives you more
information and arouses any interest more; it looks more attractive and impressive in motion.
11. Where would you expect to see this trailer : (give reasons)
a) Before what films at the cinema
You would expect to see this type of trailer amongst and before a film and film trailers such as
transformers and other such action films.
b) Before what TV programmes?
You would expect to see this film trailer before any TV programme as it is a massive
blockbuster release aimed at everyone as a target market.