1. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
2. <ul><li>The images show some examples of magazine publishers in the UK who publish a wide range of magazines from Sport to Fashion and onward. </li></ul><ul><li>There are hundreds of magazine publishers in the UK, the majority of which are listed here: </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.magforum.com/magazinepublishers.htm </li></ul><ul><li>There are also a range of music magazines published in the UK, for example: </li></ul>Publishers
3. Distributors <ul><li>There are a fair few distribution companies in the UK, some of which are listed here: </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.esources.co.uk/wholesale-suppliers/296/1/2/ </li></ul><ul><li>Most distribution companies distribute many different magazines from many different genres. This is an example of a distribution company which specializes in distributing music magazines: </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.musicmags.net / </li></ul><ul><li>There are also distributors who work online, so maybe for a rare magazine like mine it would be better to have it as an online magazine where specific people could subscribe. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>The problem I would have with my magazine would be finding distributors interested in publishing and distributing a magazine about Asian music. The main issue would be the lack of buyers, as it is a very specific magazine. This is probably one of the reasons why the only magazine which publishes the Asian charts and music is NEO, because it provides a lot more alongside the music (including anime, manga, Asian films and games) </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.neomag.co.uk / </li></ul>NEO is the only UK magazine to provide monthly updates on the charts in Japan as well as interviews with Japanese and Korean bands which visit the UK.
5. <ul><li>Having been there myself, I think one of the best places to advertise my magazine would be the MCM expos, which are held in London, Manchester, Telford and Birmingham. These expos would be full of asian music fans and so if I got a stand at the expo it would be easy to get subscribers. </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.londonexpo.com/ </li></ul>It would be especially popular if I managed to get an advertisement on one of these banners!