Technical Specs For Tv Commercials AmsDocument Transcript
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION FOR COMMERCIAL MATERIAL
• All commercials must be delivered on Digi beta (PAL) video cassettes or if that is not
available, analogue Beta SP (PAL) video cassette will also be accepted. Each commercial
must be on its own individual tape. We cannot accept compilation tapes.
• MBC Group only transmits in 4x3 aspect ratio. All commercials must be 4 x 3 aspect.
• A 14 x 9 letterbox shape within a 4 x 3 raster is acceptable.
• MBC Group transmits in stereo.
• Commercials may be delivered with stereo on tracks 1&2 (1=L, 2=R) or with full final
mix on tracks 1&2 (dual mono). In either case both audio tracks must be in phase.
• The maximum level allowed is +8db. Where 0db is defined by a 1KHz signal of 774mV
feeding a load of 600ohm. So 8dbs above this is the maximum.
• On a PPM 0dbs corresponds to 4, +8dbs corresponds to 6 on a PPM
• If the signal gets any bigger then it may get distorted by equipment (DA’s, Satellites etc)
that are designed to work only within this range.
• The audio should be free of any impairment (buzz, noise, etc...)
• All commercials should have continuous and matching LTC and VITC time code
throughout the material, and for a minimum of two minutes before and after it. The VITC
should be on lines 19 and 21 and field 2 lines 332 and 334 of the video signal. VITC on
other lines is not compatible.
• All commercials should be preceded by a VT clock of at least 10 seconds. The last 3
seconds of the VT countdown should be both black and mute
• All items should have start of picture at TC 10:00:00:00
• All items should end of a freeze frame of 10 seconds