On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• It all started in the 70s by a simple email.Social media has transformed in manydifferent ways since. Today werecognize several networks such as:Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube,Myspace, etc.
• Web sites and other online means ofcommunication that are used by largegroups of people to share informationand to develop social and professionalcontacts: Many businesses are utilizingsocial media to generate sales.
• Social media usage increases daily. Theaverage amount of time spent on socialnetworks are at least 3 hours a day if notmore.
• Increased sales• Brand awareness• More communication• Less money spent• Expertise• Advertisement increase• Better feedback
• Social Media is becoming more populareveryday, and especially in themarketing industry. Adding your businessto the internet can be easier than itseems.
• Social Media. (n.d.). Dictionary.comUnabridged. Retrieved June 18, 2013, fromDictionary.com website:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Social Media• MarketingCharts staff, “Americans’ DailyTime Spent Social Networking”http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/interactive/social-networking-eats-up-3-hours-per-day-for-the-average-american-user-26049/.June 18, 2013