1. Windows Phone Development Niko Vrdoljak, Teched
2. Windows Phone History 2010Feb Windows Phone 7.0 initially releasedApr Development tools (SDK) announcedOct Launched 2011Feb No-Do update and partnership with Nokia announcedApr Mango (Windows Phone 7.5) update detailedSep Mango update published 2012Jun Windows Phone 8 announcementOct Windows Phone 8 launch
3. Metro UI• Design language• Swiss graphic design• Focus on content, not on decoration or chrome• Emphasys on typography• Data becomes visual elements
5. Windows Phone Development Tools ToolsPhone Emulator Windows Phone Samples Documentation device Guides Community Packaging and Verification Tools myapp.xap Windows Phone Emulator
6. Application Model runningLoad State! Save State! activated deactivated tombstoned - Phone removed from memory - Some state saved to storage
7. Panorama• Part of the native Windows Phone look and feel• Panorama is a long horizontal canvas• PanoramaItem serves as a container that hosts other content and controls
9. Pivot• Provides a quick way to manage views or pages• Pivot is a container of pivot items• PivotItem contain individual page content such as controls, grids, or links
10. Application Bar and System Tray• System Tray • No integration, but does affect Layout • Show:Hide using SystemTray.IsVisible• Application Bar • Up to 4 Buttons • Menu Items (Recommended 6) • Toggle Visibility • <mypage>.ApplicationBar.IsVisibleDEMO
11. Integration with OS• Hub integration • Enhance the built in hubs with your application• Launchers let you fire and forget to an OS app • SMS, email, web browser, maps, dialer, search, etc.• Choosers are like an open file dialog • Launches an OS experience for letting the user choose data for the app • Picture, contact, camera, etc.
13. Notifications• Tile notifications • Update tile count, title and background image• Toast notifications • Display a on-top-like message• Raw notifications • Can be used in application logic• Background Agents & Push Notifications
15. XNA• XNA Game Studio 4.0• XNA + Silverlight• 2D & 3D• Xbox LIVE• Game loop:
16. Marketplace• 90.000 applications• 54 countries• accesible via web, device or Zune• try-before-you-buy scheme• $99 to became AppHub member• Global Partner program for unsupported countries www.windowsphone.com
18. Windows Phone 8• WP7 apps will work on WP8 (confirmed by MS)• Announcement: end of June 2012• Extended hardware specifications• Windows Runtime • XAML/C#, HTML5/JS, C++/DirectX• Upgrade to WP7 devices ???
19. BizSpark• Microsoft BizSpark™ globalni je program namijenjen poticanju uspješnosti tvrtki u ranoj fazi njihova poslovanja• Tvrtke stare do 3 godine i prihodi do 2,5 milijuna kuna/god.• Visual Studio Team System, Expression, Team Foundation• Produkcijska prava korištenja za hosting rješenja (Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, BizTalk, System Center) + Azure• MSDN + tehnička i korisnička podrška• $100 godišnje• Za studente - DreamSpark