Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

MSL Germany - Public Affairs Survey 2012

270

Published on

Top Public Affairs Managers have more faith in the German government. This is the result of MSLGROUP Germany’s annual Public Affairs Survey 2012. 60 per cent rate the government's work as "good” …

Top Public Affairs Managers have more faith in the German government. This is the result of MSLGROUP Germany’s annual Public Affairs Survey 2012. 60 per cent rate the government's work as "good” compared to only 34 percent in 2011. For the eleventh consecutive year, MSLGROUP Germany interviewed leading Public Affairs executives in Germany. The complete survey in German is available on the website: www.mslgroup.de/public-affairs-umfrage.html.

Published in: News & Politics, Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
270
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Public Affairs Survey 2012– Synopsis –
  • 2. INTROFor the eleventh consecutive year, MSL Germanyinterviewed 300 public affairs professionals fromleading companies and industry federations in July,with over sixty replies being received. „With ourPublic Affairs Survey, we provide a comprehensiveinsight into the beliefs of Public Affairs Officersin Germany” says Axel Wallrabenstein, Chairmanof MSLGroup Germany. “The changes since 2011are quite remarkable and should be helpful in theformulation of lobbying strategies.”In this document you’ll be provided with the mostimportant results. The complete survey is availablein German on our website (www.mslgroup.de).
  • 3. 4 MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 Before the election year: improved reputation for German government Public Affairs Managers have more faith in the Ger- 2011. One year before the election this indicates a man government. 60 percent rate the government’s clear upward trend, representing the best result for work as “good” compared to only 34 percent in the Christian-Liberal coalition in this term. 0% 60% 37% 0% 3% VERY GOOD GOOD POOR VERY POOR n/a
  • 4. MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 5Grand coalition after 2013?For the 2013 federal election, the majority of public af- „very likely“ or „likely“. 90 per cent do not believe in afairs analysts expects a grand coalition between CDU/ repeat of the current coalition between conservativesCSU and SPD: 95 per cent think such a coalition is and liberals.How do you rate the chances for the following coalitions for the federal election in 2013? cdu/ csu & FDP5% very likely 53% not very likely0% likely 37% unlikely 5% n/a spd & greens7% very likely 37% not very likely42% likely 10% unlikely 5% n/a CDU/CSU & SPD50% very likely 5% not very likely45% likely 0% unlikely 0% n/a spd & greens & fdp3% very likely 39% not very likely15% likely 37% unlikely 6% n/a cdu/ csu & Greens0% very likely 27% not very likely2% likely 62% unlikely 10% n/a
  • 5. 6 MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 Steinbrück as candidate for chancellorship Former minister of finance and SPD hotshot, Peer cratic Party, beating the 2009 candidate and former Steinbrück, is deemed to be the ideal candidate for foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier. the chancellorship from within the Social Demo- Who is the ideal candidate for the chancellorship within the SPD? 13% Hannelore kraft 33% dr. frank- walter steinmeier 10% sigmar gabriel 43% Peer steinbrück
  • 6. MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 7Expectations for the economicdevelopmentThe years of steady economic growth in Germany economic downturn. Compared to 2011, 70 percentare coming to an end. 73 percent are expecting of respondents predicted a continuation of thestagnating growth for 2013, 16 percent expect an boom.How do you estimate the economic development for 2013? 11% 73% 16% 0% I Expect I expect I expect n/a continued stagnating an economic growth growth downturn
  • 7. 8 MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 Economic outlook for the Euro-Zone A clear majority of the public affairs executives than one-fifth (23 percent) opt for „likely“. Only two deems a stabilization of the economic situation in percent believe that a stabilization is „very likely“. the euro zone as „not very likely“ or „unlikely“. More Do you expect a stabilization for the whole Euro-Zone in 2013? UNLIKELY 8% VERY LIKELY not VERY LIKELY 2% 68% LIKELY 23%
  • 8. MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 9Maintaining political contactsThe social web is becoming increasingly important personal meetings with decision-makers, 65 per-for Public Affairs and their contact management. cent organize political salons or evening events. 52The number of those using social media for political percent stay in contact with the junior level of thepublic relations increased by 24 percent to a total of German Bundestag through workshops or breakfast44 percent. Classical instruments are still preferred events.by Public Affairs Managers: All respondents useWhich tools do you use in order to maintain your political contacts? 65% salons or political 35% 27% evening events PERIODIC mailings newsletters 52% Workshops 13% OTHERS 44% social media 47% and web 2.0 100% Personal meetings with relevant PANEL discussions political decision-makers
  • 9. 10 MSL Germany Public Affairs SURVEY 2012 Use of external service providers Those who work with external service providers cent). The price-performance ratio plays a role for were asked about their selection criteria. Most half of those surveyed, Internationality and the important to them is „ experience / references“ (67 campaigning skills of the service provider are both percent), followed by „the network of the service at 26 per cent. provider with relevant decision-makers“ (62 per- What are the criteria for selecting external service providers? 62% the network of the service provider with relevant decision-makers 50% price-performance ratio 26% internationality of the service provider 26% campaigning skills of the service provider 10% others 67% Experience/references
  • 10. The complete survey in German is available for download here: www.mslgroup.deFor more information please contact Florian Wastl (+ 49 30 / 820 82 – 524, florian.wastl@mslgroup.com).
  • 11. MSLGroup Germany GmbHChausseestraße 810115 Berlin

×