Online Groepsvorming, De Toerist Als Touroperator
- 2,595 views
Internet makes it easier for tourist to book trips. People don’t even have to leave their house any more. At ...
Internet makes it easier for tourist to book trips. People don’t even have to leave their house any more. At
the other hand, tourists use the internet to search travel information more often. This makes tourists
better informed and more critical. As a consequence of this, the market of cultural tourism has become
differentiated. Market leaders in the travel industry try to distinguish themselves by price and not by
This report contains solutions for the variation in demand in tourism. Solutions have been found in the
same medium that also responsible is for the variation in demand, namely the internet. The ways of
collaboration between tourists and tour operators have been investigated which results in better insight in
The following important research results will be presented in this report:
1. The internet is a platform where people can meet up and collaborate. This means that companies
can’t use the medium for no one-way communication any longer. Customers will get more and more
2. Variation in demand has led to more attention for niche markets in other sectors. The long tail claims
that the total collection of niche markets has more market share than the market leaders in the same
3. New products can be developed thanks to online collaboration with customers. Some companies
already use customers to stimulate product innovation. Supply and demand will make a better fit and
online collaboration takes place at online communities.
4. Tourists like to share experiences in particular at online communities.
5. Tour operators can use online communities in different ways, depending on the cultural experience
sought by tourists. The tourist who is looking for little experience limits himself to accommodation
reviews, but the tourist who is looking for more experience could be more interested in discussions
about tangible and intangible cultural heritage.
6. By using online communities in a good way, supply and demand will make a better fit. Tour operators
will develop more understanding of demand and will be able to standardize the variation in demand.
7. Supply chains can turn around and custom-made goods in tourism can be realized by using online
communities. People with the same interests and local companies at travel destinations can easily
meet up online and collaborate to invent new products, fulfilling the tourists’ needs. Tour operators
will help to bring the right people together.
Tourism stands at a crossroad. The profit margins are thin and the competition is intense. It’s hard to work
with online groups, but a part of the solution can be found here. The most important difference is that tour
operators really have to put the customer in the middle of the company. Only in that case, tourists are
willing to collaborate with a tour operator. Long-lasting cooperation, the customer as most important
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views