1. IPMC An International Collaboration inPresented by Lionel Baize Technical Workforce DevelopmentCNES - Toulouse Space Centre Deputy Directorate 22 February 2012Technical Outreach & Innovation Department
2. The European Space Triangle The European UnionThe European Space The Countries &Agency the national agencies: CNES France, DLR Germany, ASI Italy, UK Space Agency,…
3. An ambitious French Space policyA firmly European policy: To provide end-to-end space expertise. To be a driving force in constructing Europe in Space implemented thanks to international cooperation.An efficient tool: CNES CNES is the French Space agency and is also a technical centre.
4. Orbital projects Managed by Toulouse Space Centre Roughly 50 projects Satellites or instruments embarked by other agencies. Omnipresent cooperation in (~20 countries). 3 ways of intervention:The elements of the space system are developed by Industry on the basis of anoverall architecture and of specifications developed by CNES.Work in integrated teams CNES/scientific laboratories.Collaboration with agencies or laboratories for scientific missions(ESA, NASA, JAXA,…). 4
5. 2012 plansLaunches of: Saral / Altika-Doris-Argos (India), IASI#2, Argos#3 and Sarsat#3 on Metop-B (Eumetsat), SWARM (ESA), Galileo IOV 3 and 4 (ESA - DLR), ATV#3 (ESA, NASA, Roskosmos, DLR), MTB-Bion on Photon (Russia), Robusta (Montpellier University) launched on 13 February 2012, first VEGA launch (ESA, ASI), BAUMANETS-2 (Montpellier University and Russian Bauman Moscow State Technical University).Operations of: ATV#3 (ESA, NASA, Roskosmos, DLR), Galileo IOV 3 and 4 (ESA - DLR), Chemcam (NASA).ChArMex / TRAQA and BAMED / HyMeX balloons campaign(Météo-France & French Labs).
6. Interest of IPMC for CNES■ Most of our projects are run in an international context,■ The International Program/Project Committee (IPMC) brings together agencies, companies and others interested in project management and workforce development training,■ We believe that the sharing of knowledge and of practices strengthens the links between the space community members and ...
7. IPMC: a great tool for internal improvementFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: the Knowledge Spiral as described by Nonaka & Takeuchi.
8. Suggestions for the future■ To continue the establishment and the reinforcement of very open relationships between the different organizations,■ To generalize the exchanges of students (for the time being CNES supports one student to NASA Academy),■ On given projects in cooperation, to get the viewpoints of the different players on the same “adventure” and mutually enrich our practices.