Social media has revolutionized how all organizations, including charities and nonprofits, can promote their brands. While social media presents a novel marketing channel for charities and nonprofits, as with any innovation, there are risks. This presentation will address and provide practical tips on risk management in social media by addressing the following questions:
(1) Why do social media policies matter?
(2) What issues should a social media policy address, and why?
(3) Is it possible to use social media to promote your charity or nonprofit without being “anti-social”?
- Why social media policies are important
- An overview of what a social media policy should contain
- Practical tips on how to use social media without being “anti-social”
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.