1. Teresa had poppedround to see Berniceon her day off, fillher in on what wasgoing on with thenew job, herdaughter Emma…but she wasdistracted by thechange in her friend.She told Bernice sheseemed so muchhappier. Calmer,more content. Thiswas a new maturedBernice that she wasglad to see. It certainly have Bernice something to think about. Had she really changed so much since being with Gracie?
2. After a touch of introspection,she realised she had changed.Gracie had made everythingbetter, including her. So she knewwhat she wanted to do.
3. Going down on one knee, she asked Gracie to move in and marry her.Bernice told her she wasn’t perfect, that Ambrose would still live with themwith her baby on the way… but she was certain this was what they weredestined for. She loved her.
4. Gracie wasgobsmacked, butagreed. She lovedher, but hadn’trealised Berniceshared her depth offeeling.It was madness,they didn’t even livetogether yet but itfelt right. Theycould have a longengagement andsort themselves outthat way.
5. Nothing exciting hadhappened to Jen orAngus for a long time,and Jen loved it.They were together,and it was calm, safe,fun… she had fallen inlove with him quicklyand had found noreason to regret it. Tonight though… Tonight he was acting weird. He was acting like Pablo used to when he was hiding something. She didn’t want to spook him by giving into her fears so instead of freaking out she asked if there was anything wrong. Something on his mind?
6. e assured her he was fine, just struggling with something big. He thought tonight he wouldll her about it, and that was why he was acting so nervous. Jen had never loved him morean in that moment. He was so trusting and she trusted him in return.
7. She really hadn’t expected a proposal. Not ina millions years… they had been together awhile, and they were in love… but marriage?She didn’t hesitate though. She accepted, andhe slipped the ring onto her finger.
8. That night in bed they started makingplans. A small wedding, a honeymoon…she would have to book time off workand he was going to warn his publisherhis output would slow for a while.Angus was hardly the man she everenvisioned herself ending up with, buthe was the right man.
9. Emma and Megan lived pretty separate lives, despite sharing a bedroom. Emma sawlittle use in Megan’s martial arts and meditation, while Megan couldn’t understandwhy Emma took such pleasure in boring things like cooking a meal. They saw each other at school, but didn’t have many classes together. They were just very different people.
10. But Emma was slowly starting tocome out of her shell. She wasstarting to feel safe here, no onefrom her old life had come lookingfor her.And now that she was secure, shewanted to start her new life properly.She asked Megan to introduce her tosome of her friends, she wanted tobe a part of things.
11. Megan invited some friends over but it didn’t really work out. Emma’s experienceswere so different from everyone elses that they had little to talk about. Plus shewas coming to the end of her time as a teen. Maybe she should hold offbefriending these sheltered teens and make her friends in Appaloosa once sheonce a young adult.
12. Deasil StreetNo. 1 No. 3Trinity and Belladonna Darkstone The Williams FamilyNo. 2 Marley, Aimee and MalikaThe Bailey Family. No. 4Warren , Teresa , James, Megan and Bernice Kasitova and AmbroseEmma Marshall. Merrihall No. 5 No. 6 Alfred Hennrick Jen Potter and Angus McKirrick No. 7 Ariette and Annette Vickers Next There are ups and downs at Number 4, and Time… Megan goes on a journey with the Poet. Find out all about it next time on Deasil Street!