3. Burj Al Arab is 321m Tall It is the second tallest hotel of the world
4. Burj Al Arab is 321m Tall It is the second tallest hotel of the world The building was started in 1994 and was officially launched on December 1, 1999
5. Burj Al Arab is 321m Tall It is the second tallest hotel of the world The building was started in 1994 and was officially launched on December 1, 1999 The hotel cost US$650 million to build
6. It was built in the shape of an Arabian boat .
7. The Burj Al Arab is built on an Artificial island 280 m out from Jumeirah beach, It is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge
8. To Strengthen the Artificial Island, 230 columns (40m long) were driven into the sand
9. Engineers created a surface layer of large rocks, which is circled with a concrete honeycomb pattern, It protects the foundation from erosion
10. It took 3 years to build the Island.
11. It took less than three years to construct the building. The building contains over 70,000 m 3 of concrete and 9,000 tons of steel.
12. <ul><li>The screen is made of 1mm thick glass fiber fabric with a Teflon coat to stop the dirt sticking. The screen is the largest of it's type and covers an area of one and a half football pitch. </li></ul>
13. <ul><li>Inside the building, the atrium is 180 m tall and is the tallest atrium in the world </li></ul>
14. <ul><li>The Burj Al Arab holds only 28 double-storey floors which accommodate 202 bedroom suites. </li></ul>
15. The smallest suite occupies an area of 169 m 2 and the largest covers 780 m 2
16. <ul><li>The cost of staying in a suite begins at US$1,000 per night </li></ul><ul><li>The Royal Suite is the most expensive, starting at US$28,000 per night. </li></ul>
17. Al Muntaha Restaurant (right side) is located 200 metres above the Persian Gulf
18. It is supported by a full Cantilever that extends 27 metres from the mast
21. Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology Surveying 1 Instructor: Sir Dilawal Presented by: Faizyab e Mustafa Ali Raza Ghulam Mustafa Aamir Aleem Muhammad Shakir