• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Time Management
 

Time Management

on

  • 10,766 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
10,766
Views on SlideShare
10,649
Embed Views
117

Actions

Likes
23
Downloads
957
Comments
3

4 Embeds 117

http://learningportal 75
http://learning.aspect.org.au 25
http://asp-srv-moss 10
https://learning.aspect.org.au 7

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel

13 of 3 previous next Post a comment

  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
  • Nice. Good question on the end
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
  • i love this presentation....
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
  • I found this presentation one of the best as it gives clear, pragmatic and to the point suggestions for time management
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment
  • Managing Your Self Managing Others
  • Review a Successful Day – ask people to spend 2 minutes talknig
  • Some of these are necessary, some of these are not in your control and everyone needs down time – not suggesting we eliminate all these things but be aware of what they are and how they impact your time
  • Discussion point?
  • Who agrees with this statement?
  • Why do you come to work? Wasting your own time – refer to your own motivators and drivers for working Avoiding unpleasant tasks – create a rewards system Unwillingness to handle difficult tasks – break them down into smaller tasks WHAT ARE OTHERS’ IDEAS?
  • Mihaly Cheek-sent-me-high-ee - People are most happy when they are in a state of flow or a state of concentration or absorption in an activity at hand. Every action, movement and thought follows on inevitably from the previous one Get into the Groove Fast time - When absorbed in or enjoying an activity Slow time - When bored or doing something difficult
  • Even if you don’t run meetings yourself, see if these apply to meetings you attend and see if you can influence organiser to change
  • Discuss with people how they prevent interruptions Examples – stand up when people come to your desk to limit time If you don’t answer, 1/3 of the time people will go find the answer themselves or go elsewhere
  • For Time Management Purposes – focus on TIME as the thing you control – therefore scope (and cost or quality) will need to be adjusted by the other party
  • QI – You don’t want to spend too much time there - Many things become urgent due to procrastination and poor planning QII – Quadrant of Quality. Ignoring this quadrant feeds Q1, leading to burnout etc. Investing in QII reduces Q1 QIII – Quadrant of Deception – the noise of urgency creates the illusion of importance; Activities are important – but maybe to someone else QIV- We often escape to QIV for survival IF YOU ARE WIRED TO RESPOND TO URGENCY, YOU MOVE FROM QI TO QIII IF YOU ARE FOCUSED ON IMPORTANCE, THEN YOU MOVE FROM QI TO QII
  • Pareto Principle - Essentially a few tasks (20%) are vital, the rest (80%) are trivial – but those 20% produce 80% of your results – remind yourself of the 20% you need to focus on when new tasks keep coming in. If something in the schedule has to slip, make sure it isn’t the 20%. Focus 80% of your time and energy on the 20% of your work that really matters.
  • Bad example – I want to write a book on Time Management Good example – I want to write a book on Time Management that is at least 200 pages long and have it done by March 30 th next year. I will commit to writing two pages a day until I complete it.

Time Management Time Management Presentation Transcript