• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Body language
 

Body language

on

  • 615 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
615
Views on SlideShare
615
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
13
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    Body language Body language Presentation Transcript

    • Mujahid maqboolF-42028BBA 22
    • What is Body Language• Body language is non-verbal communication that involves body movement.• People in the workplace can convey a great deal of information without even speaking; through non-verbal communication• Body language is the unspoken or non-verbal mode of communication that we do in every single aspect of our interaction with another person.
    • How Does Body Speak?• Like any spoken language, body language has words, sentences and punctuation• Each gesture is like a single word and one word may have several different meanings• It is like a mirror that tells us what the other person thinks and feels in response to our words or actions.
    • Lets examine how body languagecommunicates from head to toes
    • Types of body language• Body movement• Facial expressions• Eye contact• Smiling• Posture• Gesture
    • Body movement• Avoid random movements• Step forward to indicate you are arriving at a point• Step back when concluding a point and signals the audience they can relax momentarily.• Always lead with your foot nearest your destination.
    • Facial expressions reflectemotions, feelings and attitude
    • Facial expressions• The face is most one of the most reliable indicators of a persons attitude, emotions & feelings• Some people try to hide their true emotions the term poker face describes them.• Your face is watched whenever you speak.
    • Eye contact• To make people feel good and show your interest you must maintain eye contact.• The easiest way to maintain eye contact naturally is to look at the persons whole face above the tip of their nose• Honest person has a tendency to look you straight in the eye when you speaking• Establish a bond
    • smiling• The most strong body language signal to influence our first impression is the smile• It is the most recognize signal everywhere• Smiling is an international language
    • Voice tone• Powerful voice tone reflect confidence• Take pause to stimulate thinking• Don’t speak too quickly its reflects stress and excitement• Change your pace according to your call• Clear controlled steady voice shows confidence• Hesitation: low confidence
    • Imp of non-verbal communication• Actual words convey only 10% of the message• The other 90% is transmitted by non- verbal communication which consists of 40% how it is said and 50% body language
    • Posture• One of the first key things people notice is how to carry and present your self• Do you walk & stand with confidence• In any face-to-face communication or meeting or interview the way we hold our head, body shape and posture is very important.
    • Gestures.• The physical movement of arms, legs, hands, and head are known gestures. They play a very important role in conveying meaning without using words.
    • Relax your shoulders• When you feel tense its easily winds up as tension in your shoulders. They might move up and forward a bit.Try to relax.Try to loosen up by shaking the shoulders a bit and move them back
    • Dont touch your face• It might make you seem nervous and can be distracting for the listeners or the people in the conversation
    • Keep your head up• Don’t keep your eyes on the ground it might make you seem insecure and a bit lost• Keep your head up straight and your eyes towards the horizon
    • Don’t stand too close• One of the things we learned is that everybody feels uncomfortable by a close talker• It is embarrassing if the move we back the more the other persons come forward• Let people have their personal space don’t invade it
    • Keep a good attitude• Last but not least keep a positive, open and relaxed attitude. how you feel will come through in your body language and can make a major difference