1. ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN PAKISTAN 21st CENTURY
2. Pakistan 21st CenturyPAKISTAN AT GLANCE • Important Islamic State • Stretches over 1600kms north-south, 800kms east-west, and 1064kms along the costal-line of Arabian Sea • Gateway of Central Asia and only way to reach Persian Gulf through central Asia, that’s why get important position in Sub-continent Asia • Pakistan in this magnificent era of 21st Century have a lot of Blessing of Allah along with miss-use and un fair distribution of these resources.
3. STANDING ARM FORCE •1st Islamic State with nuclear weapon •ISI, the world’s best intelligence agency •5th largest standing force
4. IRRIGATION & AGRICULTURE • Pakistans principal natural resources are ARABLE LAND • 25% of Pakistans total land area is under cultivation • Pakistan has largest irrigation systems in the world • Agriculture accounts for about 21.2% of GDP and employs about 43% of the labor force • Pakistan is one of the worlds largest producers and suppliers of • Pakistan ranks third in the Muslim world and eighth worldwide in farm output, according to the List of countries by GDP sector composition. • The most important crops are wheat, sugarcane, cotton, and rice, which together account for more than 75% of the value of total crop output.
5. RESERVES & PRODUCTIONS • 5th largest coal reserve, (175 billion ton coal in THAR) • 2nd largest salt mine “khewra Mines” • 5th largest Gold deposit • 4th largest reserve of natural gas • 2nd largest Dam “Tarbela Dam”
6. TRADING & ECONOMY • World Largest Deep Sea Port “GAWADAR SEA PORT” • Gateway for central Asia & United Republic of Russian States to reach Persian Gulf. • Fish is found in large amount
7. • 9th Largest English Speaking CountrySCIENCE & SPORTS • 7th Largest Pool of scientist and engineers • Dr Abdul Salam • Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan • Dr Samar Mubarakmand • Late Arfa Kareem (Youngest MCP) • And List goes on • Rawalpindi Express “SHOAIB AKHTER” • WASEEM AKRAM • SAEED AJMAL • RAMEEZ RAJA • NASEEM HAMEED
8. MEDIA AND MUSIC • The major news agencies in Pakistan are the Associat ed Press of Pakistan and Pakistan Press International. • By the mid 1990’s television reached 80% of the Pakistan population, and Pakistan television Co- operation is the only channel at that time. • Now many new private channels have been introduced. • Radio is also used.
9. ISSUES WITH PAKISTAN IN 21ST CENTURY
10. • One of the major Power crisis in Pakistan is Short Fall of Electricity.POWER CRISIS • Inadequate budgetary allocation • Capacity of Terbela, Mangla & Chasma Dam is reducing due to mud deposit in it.
11. • Education is Pakistan is very poor. • The government only sets aside 3%of the annual budget for education. • The Pakistani government estimates theEducation literacy rate of Pakistan to be at 47% but outside spectators beg to differ claiming the rate must be around 20%
12. • In 2011, Pakistan ranked 134 on the index with 42 countries ranking worseCORRUPTION • Survey in 2010 reported about major corruption in Pakistan by sector like in court, education, health care, law enforcement and police, sports and taxation
13. • Inflation rate refers to a general rise in prices measured against a standard level of purchasing power. • It is the root cause of oodles of problems in the country. • The inflation rate in Pakistan was last reported at 10.2INFLATION percent in November of 2011 • Its mainly occur, industries are closed due to government policies creating unemployment. • Petrol price hikes is the second main cause.
14. • Unfortunately Pakistan rank 2nd in death ranking in spite of largest standing arm force • It has become a major and highly destructive phenomenon in recent yearTERRORISM • According to the government of Pakistan the direct and indirect economic costs of terrorism from 2000-2010 total $68 billion. • Terrorism in Pakistan is due to sectarian/ religious violence, Suddenly change political situation, Dictatorship type behavior in civil army, Business/family disputes, Zamindar ( Landlord created by British) this trend continued into the 21st century
15. POVERTY & IN-EQUALITY • Some countries even lost economic growth momentum without entering into the stage of sustainable human development. Pakistan is an example of such countries which had respectable growth till the late 1960s but later experienced low levels of economic growth (with equity) because of faltering on human development And often forgotten lesson, which emerges from experiences
16. POLITICAL INSTABILITY • The instability of government, inefficiency of political parties, and a weak political culture create the scenario for a politically instable state • Pakistan failed to establish a stable democratic government due to constitutional conflict. Due to political instability, Pakistan’s economic and social growth has been curtailed.
17. • Pakistan is 7th most populatedHEALTH & POPULATION country in the world. • Focus on curative medicine than preventive medicine • High prevalence of communicable diseases • Malnutrition
18. All That we need Is:
19. • From QUAID-e-AZAM to Asif Ali Zardari PakistanPAKISTAN TODAY moves through every thick and thin. • 60 years back there is NATION that did not have LAND, but today there is a LAND that don’t have NATION. • The problems that Pakistan facing despite of a long list of blessings are:
20. Pakistan can get out of crisis • Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Chairman said that the country is facing an unannounced economic emergency as budget deficit has swelled to more than Rs600 billion, • But still its never too late, we can still have chance to save our home land PAKISTAN…. Just by proper planning and good governance
21. BRAIN LEADERS & BRAIN LEARNERS • needs to focus on Hydro Energy wind energy, and electricity by coal and setting up dams and Run of River projects. • (India-Pakistan-Iran) and TAPI (Turkmenistan- Afghanistan-Pakistan -India) gas pipelines Projects.
22. •GOOD LEADERSHIP Also, the current Pakistani government agencies include the Water and Power Ministry, Oil and Gas Ministry, OGRA, AEDB, NEPRA, PPIB, WAPDA, NTDC, SHYDO. To implement and coordinate all projects, it is suggested that one cohesive energy Ministry be made responsible for all energy issues in order to create more unity • Plan and establish more industries to reduce unemployment and poverty • Educate people about the hazards of overpopulation • Strick rule and regulation to follow by every one, without the discrimination of rich & poor, power & weak.
23. Shaheen of Pakistan• Nothing is lost yet• Stop thinking that Pakistan is a worse country• Major power of Pakistan is its YOUTH (SHAHEEN of Pakistan)• Its our motherland and we are responsible for its goods and bad, its not the property of few family, nobody is allow to play family politics here.