2. <ul><li>Fast food means inexpensive food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, prepared and served quickly.
3. Fast Food contains: calories; saturated fat; sugar; sodium; carbohydrates; proteins; …</li></ul>Definition – Fast food<br />
4. Negative Aspects:<br /><ul><li>Fast food has a very high energy density.
5. McDonald's, KFC, and Burger King menu items using nutritional data from the fast food restaurants' Web sites, found that when we eat high energy density foods, we don't reduce the portion size ,so we get a lot more calories than we need.
6. People get fat eating regular portion sizes, but since the food has a high energy density, people gain weight.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Overweight or obesity
8. Risk of breast cancer
9. Risk of heart diseases
10. Risk of hypertension
11. And so on…</li></ul>The conclusion is fast food meals are high in saturated fat and low quality carbohydrates, white bread and lots of soda. Our bodies require fiber and more healthful types of fats. Fast food represents a dietary pattern that is the opposite of what is recommended for a healthy body.<br />Negative Aspects(continuation):<br />
13. <ul><li>The most important advantage that it consists of is that it was thought due to a social need: time. People need more time and saving the time that we were spending it in the kitchen makes our life easier. Eating fast food involves the conformity of not cooking and spending more time in the kitchen than necessary. This way, we can use our time on other things that are more important, like family, friends or work.
14. The price is not that high. This way, many of us can afford a lunch or dinner bought from a fast food restaurant.</li></ul>Positive Aspects:<br />
15. Positive Aspects(continuation):<br /><ul><li>Fast Food restaurants are everywhere;
16. Fast Food is tasty and enticing;
17. Fast Food restaurants are good meeting points for young people. There they can relax and talk about their daily problems.</li></li></ul><li>
18. THE FOOD PYRAMID<br />EAT HEALTHY FOOD, LIKE:<br /><ul><li>VEGETABLES
22. MILK, CHEESE
26. …</li></ul>DON’T FORGET TO DO PHYSICAL EXERCISE AND DRINK WATER!<br />
27. <ul><li>José Diogo nº17
28. José Luís nº 18
29. Sara Isabel nº 24
30. Juliana Raimundo nº 21</li></ul>8ºE<br />Work done by:<br />Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?6-Negative-Effects-Of-Eating-Fast-Food&id=175205<br />http://goarticles.com/article/Positive-Aspects-And-Disadvantages-Of-Fast-Food.-Be-Aware-Of-Everything-You-Have-To-Be-Aware-Of/4629500/<br />Disciplinas: Inglês, Formação Cívica e Área de Projecto - 2010/2011<br />