1. MUSLIMCIVILIZATION’SGOLDEN AGECh. 10, sec. 3
2. Copy this chart in your notes: Muslim AchievementsEconomicsArtsLiteraturePhilosophySciences
3. Islamic World in 750 A.D.
4. Economic Advances Built international trade network Valued merchants Used credit and checks Banks opened in major cities Agriculture and manufacturing increase
5. Art Forbidden to portray God or human figures in religious art Decorated patterns inside mosques Calligraphy- beautiful handwriting Humans and animals were portrayed in non- religious art
6. Literature  Quran  Poetry  “If I worship thee in hope of paradise, exclude me from paradise”  Adventure Tales- storytelling  “Aladdin and his Magic Lamp”  “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves”
7. Philosophy Muslim scholars translated the works of Greek philosophers Muslim philosophers: Ibn Rushd- wrote commentary on Aristotle’s writing Ibn Khaldun- argued for the use of historical investigation