2. FORMATSWebCD/DVDInformation KiosksInteractive TVApps for Mobile Devices
3. WEB SITESMany interactive products can be used via the internet.This makes them available wherever people have internet access. With the increased availability of Wi-Fi this means virtually anywhere any time.The developer would have to ensure that the product would work with a variety of search engines.
4. Websites allow a user to run videos. Videos and images can be enlarged for viewing.Developers need to be aware that not all users have broadband so need to consider limiting the amount of data hungry elements such as video.
5. CD AND DVD ROMDelivering a product via CD or DVD enables a user to have a portable version.This could be distributed to users for use at home for revision or further investigation of a subject at their leisure.Once the product has been published updates can’t easily be delivered, a new version would have to be published.
6. A CD can only hold approx 750 MB of data whereas a DVD can hold around 4.7 GB. The product would have to made to fit on the media that it would be delivered in.
7. INFORMATION KIOSKAs there would be no internet access the developer would not be able to include external links that visited websites that may interest the user.Any updates would mean re-installing the latest version of the product and couldn’t be done automatically.A lot of features could be included as the system would not have data download limitations.
8. INFORMATION KIOSKIf the kiosk is going to be in a noisy place then it wouldn’t be wise to include a lot of sound.People wouldn’t be spending a long time using it so it should be very easy to navigate.The information should be in a straightforward format that is quick to read and understand.
9. INTERACTIVE TVThe information in an interactive TV situation would need to be updated on a regular basis.Gesture recognition will be a possibility in the future.There is potential for external links to be added if this feature was required.Content may be viewed in HD so the any images and videos will need to be of a very high quality.
10. APPS FOR MOBILE DEVICESDevelopers will have to make sure all content is visible on a fairly small screen to prevent them from having to scroll around to find information.Updates can be sent out for users to install at their convenience.These products will have to be easy to use and fairly intuitive they will only have to contain the bare essential information.Specific programming languages will need to be used.
11. As you are designing for such a small screen it is important that everything is kept simple.Mobile devices have less processing power and memory so the designer has to take this into consideration.