1.  Mail which comes into the business It can be received through the post, facsimile or by e-mailSTEPS1. Open as normal2. Scan onto PC or Network3. Copy or sort to employee mail boxes4. Shred Originals
2.  This is mail sent out of the building It can be sent by Royal Mail, facsimile or by e- mailSTEPS1. Collect mail from departments2. Check for signatures & enclosures3. Insert mail into envelopes4. Weigh & frank mail5. Dispatch mail
3.  Folding/inserting machine Photocopier Date stamp Latter opener Shredder Weighs or scales Franking machine
4. A remittance is money received in the post When a letter is received, record any remittances in the Remittance Book Check that the amount stated in the letter matches the amount received Any discrepancy should be reported to the Mail Room Supervisor Pass the remittance and the remittance book to the chief cashier who will be responsible for any further action.
5.  Broken seal Unusual smell Bulge in package No return address Stains or discolouring on packaging