4. <ul><li>Member of the US Navy for 22 years </li></ul><ul><li>Distinguished Flying Cross </li></ul><ul><li>Purple Heart </li></ul><ul><li>Legion of Merit </li></ul><ul><li>Bronze Star </li></ul><ul><li>Silver Star </li></ul>Awards
6. During a bombing mission, his plane was shot down.
7. He was held as a Prisoner of war for 5 ½ years in Vietnam.
9. Held the seat for 4 years Elected to House of Representatives in 1982
11. In House he eliminated wasteful government spending and strengthened our nation’s armed forces
13. Became part of the Senate in 1986 for Arizona Held the position ever since
15. He enhanced homeland security.
17. Serves on the Senate Committee on Science and Transportation and Indian Affairs and Indian Affairs Science and Transportation Commerce Commerce