Be the first to like this
Tom Fisher and Tom Leader continue their conversation about the role of landscape and urban design in shaping our cities. In this second installment, Fisher and Leader discuss:
• How landscape design can be a strategic response to a city's problems
• How new technology and social media connect young people with projects like RiverFirst and the natural world around them
• RiverFirst addresses one of the great rivers of the world - how does landscape design go beyond site boundaries to connect cities with assets like the Mississippi River
• How is working on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis different from other sites, and how a complex project like RiverFirst is like the river itself: "constantly seeking a new course."
• The potential for the RiverFirst area to be on of the hottest places for development and other activity
Tom Leader is the lead landscape designer of the RiverFirst design team TLS/KVA; Tom Fisher is a member of the RiverFirst Steering Committee and Dean of the College of Design at the University of Minnesota. To learn more about them and their work, visit http://tomleader.com and http://design.umn.edu. To hear Clip1 of this conversation, visit http://vimeo.com/riverfirst/r1insightsdesignclip1.