1. Thank you for joining us and welcome to Cupertino. The blogs and
pundits have endlessly tried to predict today’s presentation, so I’m
going to surprise everyone and show the amazing new enterprise
features we’ve built into iOS7 that don’t get the attention they
2. First, let’s talk about
the fingerprint sensor
in the new iPhone 5S.
3. This might be the single greatest gift any mobile device has ever given
the enterprise: Finally, authentication that your busy and harried
employees will actually use. Now you can go back to worrying about
terrible passwords on their laptops.
4. Now let’s talk about
5. We’ve bypassed your procurement department that only buys Office.
iWork is now free on your employees’ phones and now it’s in their
browser on the desktop. It won’t be taking over your company but expect
motivated employees to dip their toes in, especially if your existing
enterprise tools aren’t cloud ready.
6. Apps and books purchased through the Volume Purchase
Program stay with the company and not the employee…
7. So when someone leaves your company, you can re-assign that
license to another employee.
8. BYOD doesn’t have
to translate into
putting your data at
9. The IT department can now prevent accidental data leakage by controlling which
apps on a user’s phone are allowed to open corporate attachments. That
financial forecast you emailed is no longer a single, dangerous tap away from
ending up on twitter.
10. We’ve built Single Sign On into iOS7
so your employees won’t have to
re-enter passwords when moving
between managed apps.
11. We’ve also added Per App VPN, so
work data securely goes through the
company VPN, but your Instagram
12. Best of all, for most apps no code changes are required
to support both Per App VPN and Single Sign On.
13. We’ve also added new options and capabilities that
streamline MDM deployments…
14. ...and improved data security for all App Store
15. iBeacons offer precise micro-location targeting, even indoors where GPS doesn’t work, and
have an amazing potential in retail…especially when paired with the passive messaging
available in iOS Passbook. But also keep your eye out for novel enterprise uses as adoption
16. We’re really proud of all the enterprise features that are now available. iOS7 is the best
mobile operating system for everyone — both consumers and businesses.
17. This next song is dedicated to
MDM, VPN, IT, SSO, VPP, B2B, and