What is the tool?
Quizlet is a free website providing learning
tools for students, including flashcards,
study and game modes.
It was created by a high school sophomore
in 2005 and now contains over 400 million
All of the material is user-generated.
• CARDS: You create an online flashcard for each item, they
can have the word, an imageand its definition or
explanation.Cards can be one side or two sides, then you can
flip them to see the rest of information.
• LEARN: You have to write the correct word for each picture.
• SPELLER: You have to type in the word you hear.
• TEST: There are different types: written questions, matching
questions, multiple choice questions and true/false questions.
At the end you getyour percentage mark and the correct
• SCATTER GAME: Match pictures and words, dragging them,
to make them disappear in a limited time.
• RACE GAME: Kill the scrolling pictures or words by typing in
the corresponding term.
How easy is it to use?
• It is very easy because following some
simple steps you can create your own set
of vocabulary to study.
Does it need an account?
• Yes, it does.
• You need to register and sign in.
• But different people can join in with the
same username and work at the same
Can you create privately or publically
• The Quizlet sets are public to anyone.
• But only the owner can edit them.
What are the good points?
• It is very easy to use and so user-friendly.
• It is simple and free.
• Different people can join in with the same
username and work at the same time.
• It is only to work on vocabulary.
What age / level might it appeal to?
• It depends on the type of vocabulary.
• Quizlet appeals to any level.
• It can be used with low levels due to its
What could it be used for with your
• To learn new vocabulary on a visualand
• To revise specific terms.