1. Texas Star Chart<br />Wharton ISD<br />C. W. Dawson Elementary & Wharton Elementary<br />Presented by Monica A. Rath<br />
2. Agenda<br /><ul><li> Definition of Texas STaR Chart
3. Areas of Focusing
6. Summary</li></li></ul><li>What is the Texas STaR Chart?<br /><ul><li> STaR is the acronym for School Technology and Readiness.
7. An online resource tool for self-assessment of campus and district efforts to effectively integrate technology across the curriculum
8. Asses technology preparedness in Texas K-12 schools.
9. This chart is aligned with the new Long-Range Plan for Technology, 2006-2020.
10. Teachers, campuses and districts must complete the STaR Chart online each year.
11. The chart used for planning, budgeting and evaluation of progress in technology.</li></li></ul><li>Areas of Focusing: Four Critical Areas<br />Teaching and Learning<br />Educator Preparation<br />Administration and Support<br />Infrastructure<br />
12. Teaching and Learning<br /><ul><li>Patterns of Classroom Use