Presented to: Prof.
Technology(IT) is the
equipment to store,
retrieve, transmit and
manipulate data, often
in the context of a
business or other
Social media is the
people in which
they create , share,
ideas in virtual
• Google (SEO/SEM)
• Facebook, Twitter, Zynga,
• Groupon, LivingSocial, Yelp.
• Apple (iPhone, iPad), Android
• Email, IM, Chat, Phone/Voice.
Customer Reach: 500M+
INFORMATION FOR COMPETITIVE
BUSINESS PROCESS TRANSFORM
BUSINESS NETWORK TRANSFORM
Social Media New customer
My marketing and IT budget has shrunk
I have no marketing plan or strategy in
I have no idea what mediums are most
I’ve heard a lot about Social Media,
but don’t know if it will work for my
business and how I would get started
• It’s VERY Budget-friendly (Free)
• It’s Where the People Are
-Facebook has more than 1 Billion active
users, of which 50% log-on to Facebook
on any given day
-59% of Indian Adults use Twitter
-Over 55 million professionals use LinkedIn
• By leveraging technology, you can get a much
larger audience to Know, Like and Trust you
with less effort
• With the right strategy and SYSTEM, it doesn’t
take much time
• It optimizes your online presence – which is
HUGE in today’s internet world.
Why Social Media Makes Sense…
73% of online users read a
57% join social networks
45% have started a blog
83% have viewed a video
39% subscribe to RSS feeds
36% think more positively
companies that have blogs
Source: Universal McCann Wave3 research into social media
Still not convinced?
“New research shows that 77% Indian professionals use the
internet as an information source when shopping locally for
products & services.” -Kelsey Group
• Continuing the popularity of its advertisement “Kyun ki har ek friend
zaroori hota hai”, Airtel brings the innovation to facebook too. The
app is integrated with Facebook API, connects with the song in the ad.
• Participants need to ‘select a friend’ according to the types: Kanjoos
friend, joke friend, poke friend, SMS friend, MMS friend etc.
• As per the contest if your friend type is more popular, you enter a
chance to win the trip to Vegas along with your friends, if you tag the
most of friends you may also win a Samsung Galaxy on daily basis.
• Contest is smartly integrated with the overall ‘integrated
marketing’ campaign of the brand.
• Contest also delivers free access to Facebook via their Airtel
Connection upon registration, which stuffs participants with
“something for sure”
• A trip to Vegas is definitely greedy enough for youth to
participate & spread the word.
• According to a study done by Buzzom.com, Indian banks whether
government or private have been using social media to stay in
touch with their customers but HDFC stands out as far as
leveraging social media is concerned both in terms of number of
channels being used as well as engaging with their customers.
• HDFC Bank has presence across 8 social media channels out of
which the prominent presence is on Face book, LinkedIn, Twitter,
YouTube & their official blog.
• HDFC’s page on face book generates admirable feedback from
users which serves as a ground for them to understand their fans
as well as promote their banking products. They have a money
matters section where they provide interesting recent financial
news of interest to their fans. Also they keep on engaging the
users with interesting puzzles/jigsaws based upon financial
HCL Showcase their work culture
on A Campaign “Employee First”
0 5 10 15
Cognizant Tech Solution
How Are Indian Software & IT Giants Faring On Social Media
Social Media Strength
Infosys wins this battle in terms of presence on every platform.
0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100%
“How Your Data Can Predict Your Future”
All of This Information From Social Media Help Manager to Take Decisions
And Improve Their E-business & Communication
With Their Stakeholder(Customer).