Google analytics basics for small businessPresentation Transcript
Google Analytics Basics
For Small Businesses
1. Make sure you are logged in to Google
2. Click the drop down arrow
3. Select "Account"
4. Select "Products"
5. Select "Analytics"
6. Select the third item next to the globe "All Web Site Data" or your domain name
7. Total Visitors to your site for the last month
8. Total Unique Visitors (If visited twice they are in 'Visits’)
9. Total pages viewed on your site
10. A bounce rate less than 55% is good. The lower the better. Did visitors visit more than
one page? High bounce rate indicates they landed on your site and disappeared quickly
11. Select "Mobile" then select "Devices". When the percentage of visitors is greater than
30% you should consider developing a responsive website or getting a dedicated mobile
12. Select "Traffic Sources" then Sources" then "All Traffic". This is the list of websites that
is referring traffic to your website
13. Select "Traffic Sources" then "Sources" then "Search" then "Organic". This is the list of
key words people are typing in to find your website.
14. Select "Content" then "Site Content" then "All Pages". This shows you which pages
users are visiting
Mobile Device Usage
Traffic Sources. Which websites are sending my traffic
Keywords Used to Find Your Site
Site Content – Pages Visited
GOOP is an Australian based web design and digital
marketing business building websites for clients all
over Australia. Search Engine Optimisation is simply
part of the service and not an add on.
As such before we undertake building any website
we do the key word research and agree on keywords
with the client before we develop the website. We are
then accountable for these keywords attached to the
clients specific geographic location/s. We then
benchmark the success of the site against the
Google rankings for these keywords.
Google Analytics™ can then demonstrate to the
clients the success of these keywords
+61 3 5222 4220