Mobile gambling summit nexmoPresentation Transcript
1Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Mobile Messaging. Solved.
2Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Nexmo is the cloud API to process high volume of messages at
Via virtual numbers
Real time provisioning
3Mobile Messaging. Solved.
So, if you have a mobile app how do you promote it in an
increasingly crowded space?
App store analytics firm Distimo found that 2% of top 250 publishers in
the Iphone App store are “newcomers”. Versus just 3% in Android
store, Google Play.
Biggest market on both app stores is the US with Utilities and gaming
apps being most popular.
*Techcrunch.com Feb 2013
4Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Social Media – often considered no1 way to promote apps
5Mobile Messaging. Solved.
• Social networks are incredibly effective for
user to user engagement
Users are becoming more savvy!
There are other ways to effectively utilise
social marketing on mobile!
6Mobile Messaging. Solved.
• SMS – 3.5 billion active users
• Truly universal
• Average SMS opened within 4 minutes
• Open rate of 95%
• Good value
7Mobile Messaging. Solved.
SMS = A secret weapon
• Used by many OTT apps
and Game makers to
increase app downloads
in an organic way.
8Mobile Messaging. Solved. 8
How have some of the biggest apps effectively leveraged
this channel to grow and engage their user bases?
9Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Register user Sync contact list Invite friends
10Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Founded in 2011
100m users by 2012
Aiming for 300-
400m users by next
User base of
200mm = $58.9mm
USD in-app revenue
for Q1 2013 alone
11Mobile Messaging. Solved.
How do Line use SMS?
1. Easy, instant two-factor authentication
-Helps verify users and prevent fraudulent accounts
- Removes threat of spammers from slowing growth
2. SMS invites using Nexmo in certain countries
-Currently focusing invite process in target markets such as LATAM and Asia
3. SMS invites using native SMS client in non-focus regions
12Mobile Messaging. Solved. 12
Started in March
2010 in Korea
Currently over 100m
100mm user base
playing 180 games
first half of 2013
13Mobile Messaging. Solved.
How Kakao Talk use SMS
• Two-factor authentication to verify users
• Have performed several SMS invite
14Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Tips and Tricks
Happy return on investment!
1. Understand the market before sending E.g. India/US
2. Track your conversions.
3. Don’t spam!
4. More latency = lower chance of acquisition
5. Compare latency by vendors in different areas
6. Don’t include dud numbers in ROI calculation
7. Personalise message increases conversion
8. Using an SMS API provider means SMS
a) Is always free to the end user
b) You can send to more than one person at a time
15Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Analyze your traffic
Dashboard Analytics API Analytics
Traffic Volume and Cost Cost per Submission
Inbound vs. Outbound Delivery Reports
Breakdown by Carrier Delivery Failure Reasons
Bounced Numbers Remaining Balance
Downloadable Reports Get Pricing API
16Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Check this public report on: dashboard.nexmo.com/ratios/public
17Mobile Messaging. Solved.
- Acquire new users socially
- Engage users
- Notify existing users of upcoming bets to
place/games to join
- Allow users to share content via SMS
How can you use SMS?
18Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Mash-up of gaming and communication…
how we use it.
19Mobile Messaging. Solved.
Thank you for Listening!