3. fashion marketer . copywriter . head blog editor
4. THEORY VSPRACTICE EDITOR’S NOTE My portfolio showcases projects that share my curiosity for fashion and the pleasures I take in writing . With childlike enthusiasm, marketing savvy, and an overdose of daydreams, I’ve compiled my most memorable projects into a single collection. The first section in my portfolio is titled, Practice, which encloses actual work taken from relevant internship experiences. Such works present my professional contributions in copywriting and blog editing for a Bay Area fashion startup company. The second section, Theory, includes two contrasting works for menswear. INNERVIEW Enjoy my collection. Maurice Lomboy
5. PRACTICE This section includes a compilation of real and revised industry content. Works shown in Practice are not hypothetically presented. Rather, they are tested for profitable measure in real time.
6. ABOUTBlog Editing for “ A New Chanel Handbag for under $10? Yes, on Our vision at oohilove is to redefine the concept of affordable luxury. We are a new and exciting online auction where fashionistas can obtain newly released luxury designer accessories at a fraction of retail cost. Since these hand-selected handbags and accessories are highly sought after, they are rarely discounted in today’s market. Oohilove provides its members with the unique and fun opportunity to save up to 95% off retail and showcase only the most reputable and coveted brands including Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton. oohilove was started by Stanford MBA graduates and our team comprises fashion, retail, marketing and technology professionals. Prior to Oohilove, we have made an impact at Stella McCartney, Prada, eBay, McKinsey & Co, JP Morgan, Accenture, as well as at our own business startups. But most importantly, we all love and live fashion. oohilove is BBB accredited business and is located in Mountain View, California. ” - oohilove.com ROLE Head Blog Editor CONTRIBUTION Write and edit innovative fashion/beauty content, create tasteful graphics for each blog entry, recruit/manage a team of contributing editors to strengthen Oohilove’s fanbase. VIEW Enjoy the latest articles posted under Oohilove M at blog.oohilove.com <http://blog.oohilove.com/>
7. FEATUREDSummer’s Edge 6.23.2010 Serene Mess 7.25.2010 Fall Extremes 9.27.2010
8. Summer’s Edge BLOG GRAPHICS Posted on June 23, 2010 Written by Oohilove M What happens when we combine the heat of summer with edge and sex appeal? I thought of Alexander Wang – his most recent collection was equally sporty and sassy – lace, and two of Oohilove’s hottest must-haves: the Marc By Marc Jacobs Hobo and the Ray-Ban Lilac Wayfarer. This impression came to mind … ; ) Bag of the MomentBLOGS
9. Serene MessPosted on July 25, 2010Written by Oohilove MThe serene mess of watercolor and hand dyed artwork creates harmonyon fabrics. I came across Anica Boutique in San Francisco, which features a limitededition collection from designer, Shabd Simon-Alexander. Shabd’scraftsmanship and innovative technique drew me into a growing trendthat I wanted to explore. This season, the direction of prints, textiles and some of the mosttasteful fashion trends take inspiration from the soft palette of watercolorart. Summer’s hot and sweltering heat is juxtaposed by a light andrefreshing visual aesthetic. From the runways of Brazil to popularAmerican retailers, the blending effect of hand dyed pieces, tie-dyed andwashed out hues on crumpled organzas, breezy silks and launderedcotton makes a big splash. Tie-Dye is in, – okay, sure. That makes sense – after all, my friend justgifted me a citrusy green tie-dye shirt that she designed in class. But there’sa slight message behind this trend. Soft watercolors and dyes drenchingfabrics are a statement of visual disorder – in whichever way you interpretit – and the calm sense of awe that follows after a crash. In this case, it’s about the serene collision of colors on a cocktail dress,a blouse or on your favorite swimwear. The hand dyeing process is a bitchaotic, but when it’s all done, we take a moment to stare silently at theeffects in complete awe. The natural bleed of dyes on the fabric canvascreates a unique composition of chance, design and balance.
10. Fall ExtremesPosted on September 27, 2010Written by Oohilove MThe focus on autumn fashion trends takes a Issey Miyake reintroduces body binding On the inverted scale of the color spectrum Enjoy the videos and stay tuned forshift in perspective from the apparent beauty knitwear and sharp design techniques that is the ghastly visage of Comme des Garcons’ fall the next article, which aims to replicatewe notice most in this season. With the hint at geometric balance – he did take collection, in which the only colors present are the three designers’ conceptual looksbeautiful comes the more aesthetically inspiration from mathematician William limited within the stark contrast of black and with an everyday ease. You can rockchallenging or seemingly ugly – without the Thurston’s approach to topology. Bright white on extremely minimal and severe these styles effortlessly into yourobjective examination it respectfully demands pastel knit tubing intertwined to form an clothing. This collection comments on defiance, wardrobe with classic accessories found– creations that affirm its own beauty, abstract interpretation of sweaters is paired ugly – you know, the kind of ugly that’s so at Oohilove without looking overdonebrilliance and innovation. with loosely ruched leggings so that drapery grotesque, it’s beautiful – and consequently, and victimized. Remember, too much of On this thought, Vivienne Westwood, Comme functions in an opposite direction against its impenetrable design. Kawakubo, the genius a good thing is a bad thing.des Garçons and Issey Miyake take irrepressible traditional role – to flatter a woman’s body. behind Comme des Garcons, confounds hertwists and turns in their fall 2010 runway shows Volume is artistically reassigned to suit comfort audience with disturbing details. Coiled sectionsand deliver breathtaking and to defy conventions of beauty that slimming of interior padding formed around the hips andcollections that leave us with memories – good proportions vaguely imply. Brilliant. waist are perhaps a raw reference to human guts.and bad – and with a valid suspicion of Effing horrific and innovative.fashion’s unpredictable nature. Vivienne Westwood, British couturier, showsus a retrospective of fallenaristocracy that somehow preserves its highclass taste. The sloppiness is still arguablysovereign as the homely – yet refined –jackets, blouses, dresses and loosely drapedknits reveal Westwood’s iconic punk, anti-establishment sensibility. This collection is ashowstopper for the rebellious debutante.Beautiful.
11. ARCHIVE ofSpring’s Nude Obsession Bidding on (Oohi)love Summer’s Edge Serene Mess2010 April May June July
12. Boyish Charm Fall Extremes Pristine Pearls Read More August September OctoberARTICLES
13. Black Friday Deals Traveling for the Holidays H&M Launch mentioned increased blog visibility growth data etc. Complete November December January 2011
14. jan feb mar apr may jun ALL TIME jul37,044 HIT 2427 S aug 3175 sep 3036 2010 - 2011 oct 3470 nov 3414 Blog Views for dec 4145 jan 4850
15. COPYWRITING forROLE Copywriting InternCONTRIBUTION Wrote product copy for Louis Vuitton handbags to increase sales and Oohilove’s site traffic.VIEW <http://www.oohilove.com/categories/view/Louis_Vuitton>
16. LOUIS VUITTONPRODUCT COPY ODEON (MONOGRAM PM)The feminine city trekker will adore the Odéon in Monogram canvasbecause it offers versatility with a modern appeal. The Odéon can becarried around the shoulder or across the body to fully accommodatethe fun loving and fast paced woman.
17. LOUIS VUITTON LOUIS VUITTON TIVOLI GM GALLIERA (MONOGRAM)The Tivoli makes a special treat for the fashionable moms andsingle ladies. Or if you simply want to make your Sunday’s best evenbetter, we still suggest our tasteful Tivoli bag. Tivoli’s well roundedshape and pleated Monogram canvas compliments any look. The Louis Vuitton Galliera exudes a body friendly style for the confident woman. Its soft, lightweight Monogram canvas and adjustable leather shoulder strap provide comfort in various occasions.COVETED HANDBAGS
18. LOUIS VUITTON LOUIS VUITTON NEVERFULL (AZUR MM) ARTSY MMThe Louis Vuitton Neverfull never fails, thanks to its clever sidelaces. Loosen the leather strings and the Neverfull becomes a The Artsy MM embodies understated bohemian style.multipurpose tote, tighten it and the bag becomes irresistible Louis Vuitton’s iconic and divinely supple Monogramarm candy. The Neverfull’s adaptable style is perfect for cruising in canvas is enhanced by rich golden metallic hardwaretown or looking chic in the city. and an exquisite handcrafted leather handle.
19. LOUIS VUITTON LOUIS VUITTON ZIPPY WALLET (MONOGRAM) EMILIE WALLET (RED) We love the Zippy, a youthful choice for a wallet with multiple compartments. The all-round zip closure gives the Zippy an on-the-go look and feel that is equally effortless and elegant. It’s not OK to flash people, but it’s a fun exception with the Emilie. Women with an eye for fashion can enjoy its shock of color (available in blue, red, and green) leather hidden under the subtle Monogram canvas. The Emilie is a playful spin on a Louis Vuitton must-have.CHERISHED WALLETS & COIN PURSES
20. “Maurice is a solid copywriter. His work is veryrelevant to the market it is written for,engaging, and a pleasure to read. He also hasgreat creativity for much of the Photoshopvisuals he presented in the blog.Most importantly, he revamped our blog tomore than double our traffic and has strongleadership skills.”Christopher Couhault,Cofounder & CEO of Oohilove
21. THEORY This section concludes my portfolio with realistically imagined work. Works shown in Theory are hypothetically presented. Believable? You decide. Modern with a twist? Hands down - YES.
22. “INNERVIEW The way he dresses reflects the way he lives. His style reveals his point-of-view as a modern man. His clothes aren’t worn to conceal his flaws. They are intended to imbue his life with a real, no nonsense kind of self confidence. ” Maurice Lomboy Founder & CEO of INNERVIEW
23. RETAILInnerview is a modern boutique which sets the bar formen’s fashion in San Francisco. Unlike our rivals, we ugradethe standards for men’s shopping by offering classicmenswear with a modern edge.Shopping should be a memorable experience rather than aquick in and out. At Innerview, our team of fashion expertsprovides a comfortable ambiance and promotes personalstyles for confident men at the forefront of their careers.Innerview’s commitment to style guides our clients througha creative process that makes shopping fun for men. missionInnerview is a leading menswear boutique located in thefresh-faced neighborhood of casual luxury: San Francisco’sMarina District. We are dedicated to providing influentialprofessionals in the Bay Area with timeless apparel,merchandise and classic styles that have a modernsensibility.Innerview partners with socially responsible manufacturersto create our private label, VYOU. Our highest aim is to buildour community on stable grounds. We champion our man’sconfidence and inner view of himself through exceptionalcustomer care, product quality, and the personal success ofour employees and clients alike.
24. + sex / male+ age / 25 - 50 years+ sexual orientation / inclusive+ education / bachelor’s degree or higher+ ethnicity / inclusive+ religion / inclusive+ economic status / upper-middle class+ political views / liberal+ location / urban+ status / single, dating, married, or divorced+ annual income / $60,000++ industry / professional in any fieldCONCEPT
25. attends social networking events + socializes with colleagues during happy hour + travels often for his profession and pleasure + exercises daily with buddies at the gym + maintains image and fitness +enjoys outdoor hobbies such as hiking, sailing, and + strolling at the park with his significant other + dines often for brunch and dinner + drives luxury vehicle + prefers classics over trends + shops at destination stores + seeks ways to update his personal style +
26. Innerviewsocial networking events professional menswear for the+ attends carries the perfect mix ofmodern man. Paying close attention to detail and balance, his suits aretraditional, yet updated. He duringhigh quality clothing that is business+ socializes with colleagues seeks happy hourappropriate, which he can wear comfortably from the office to happyhour at this favorite bar. Whetherand pleasure down for business or+ travels often for his profession he’s dressedlooking sharp in his formal wear, he owns a smooth mix of pieces in hiswardrobe that keeps him lookingthe gym+ exercises daily with buddies at his best.+ maintains image and fitness+ enjoys outdoor hobbies such as hiking, sailing, and strolling at the park with his significant otherInvitation only shoppingand dinner more inviting. Innerview provides+ dines often for brunch just becamepersonal styling sessions that go hand-in-hand with our collections. Forevery purchasevehicle Innerview offers one tasteful hour of image+ drives luxury of $500,consulting perfected with hors d’oeuvres and flowing champagne orhis favorite beer. Styling sessions are scheduled according to the client’s+ prefers classics over trendsavailability. For every suit purchase of $2,000, Innerview provides up totwo hours of styling. Innerview boutique will be merchandised+ shops at destination storesaccordingly to the client’s purchase history. Innerview’s image consultingis seeks waysservice to our clients. style+ a personal to update his personal
27. Our modern man understands the balance it takes to transition smoothlyfrom day to evening like the autumn season, which is why we haveselected nine essential pieces for Innerview’s privately owned label,VYOU. VYOU mirrors his daytime look and evening edge. These classicsseamlessly transition from summer to fall just as the warm afternoonsshift into the crisp and cooler nightlife of a professional, San Francisconative.
28. BRANNANInnerview debuts the No Nonsense Nine Collection for Fall 2011.Inspired by the different fashion point-of-views of San Francisco’sdiverse neighborhoods, the No Nonsense Nine is astraightforward collection of updated classics.Want the professional office look? Go with theMONTGOMERY and top it off with the ELIS button up. TheBRANNAN in navy is a statement of cool and uncomplicated.Or, if you’re an indie CEO with casual style, the MISSION has yourback. Wear it with the HAYES in plaid and a pair of HAIGHT denimand you’re ready to go.
29. SOCIAL MEDIA Innerview makes style easy. You’re a busy guy, so we’ll come to you. Whether you’re online, on the phone, or enjoying the morning news with a latte in one hand, Innerview’s social media lounge is open with just one slide of your finger on the other. We speak six languages: men’s fashion, mobile application, Youtube, Facebook, Wordpress and yes, we’re fluent in Twitter too. Don’t have time to browse? No big deal, your wardrobe has been selected. Just click the shop button and it’s ready for pick-up before happy hour. Relax, you’re covered in style. Always.
31. MENSWEARCreative Director / Stylist Maurice Lomboy Photographer / Photographer/Image Retoucher Ivette Benitez Image Retoucher Muse Muse Matthew Davis
33. UNEDITED“I know there are some responses that may appearto be grammatically incorrect,but I worded them exactly as I meant them ...Oh and please do not edit what I responded,even if my responses don’t make sense.I hope to see you again soon,”Matthew XX
34. ML: What inspires you? MD: I am inspired by difference, and the joy that is derived from people & nature, as well as the feeling itself. I am aslo inspired by people who speak their true minds without hesitation, who live freely and who share with the world their intrepretation of whatever it is they see. ML: Why fashion? MD: Clothing, because it speaks to me when I wear it. It, unlike a painting stays with me the entire day and elaborates my being. People who make a joke of it are lacking self adventures. ML: Your outfits are performance pieces that embody a very bold character. Who is this character? MD: This character is open-minded and is ever evolving. ML: When was your life the most confusing ... blurry? MD: Those moments come far too often, it is art that is always clear and that has helped balance me. Things for me become blurry when I see people who treat others poorly, especially when it comes to discrimination within youth.INTERVIEW
35. ML: Any fashion heroes?MD: Marchesa Luisa Casati, who aspired to be a living work ofart.ML: What should change in fashion?MD: I would like to change the horrid attitude that has oftenbecome larger than the clothing itself.ML: What ideas are most expressed through your style?MD: Freedom, self-acceptance, and change.ML: Does sexual identity give impetus to one’s style?MD: I think it should, if it doesn’t, I hope there is another form ofexpression that, that being uses.
36. ML: Your point of view is ...MD: Always open for whatever and never left, right, or even inthe middle, unless it is.ML: Thank you.