3. WHAT HAS THE YOUNGER GENERATIONINHERITED FROM THEIR FOREFATHERS?
4. WHICH WORDS IN THE POEM TELL US THAT THEPERSONA IS WEARY AND HAS BEEN AROUND ALONG TIME?
5. WHAT GREAT STRUGGLE DID THE PERSONAUNDERGO?
6. WHY DO YOU THINK THE PERSONA IS IN A WHEELCHAIR?
7. IN STANZA 2, WHAT DISTURBS THE PERSONA THEMOST?
8. WHY DOES THE PERSONA SAY HE CAN SEE ANDCANNOT DO MUCH?
9. WHAT DOES THE PERSONA WANT THE YOUNGERGENERATION TO DO?
10. NAME ONE OF THE THEMES OF THE POEM. 1. Patriotism 2. A Soldier’s sacrifice 3. The passing of responsibilities from the old to the young
11. STATE AN EXAMPLE OF PERSONIFICATIONFOUND IN THE POEM
12. AS A MEMBER OF THE YOUNG GENERATIONTHAT THE PERSONA ADDRESSES IN THE POEM, HOWWOULD YOU REPLY TO HIM?
1. THE PHRASE ‘THE HISTORY’ IN LINE 4 REFERSTO _____ all the wars fought the colonial rule in Malaysia all the suffering during the war the war fought for independence
2. WHY DOES THE PERSONA FEEL HELPLESS? He is slowly dying He is old and crippled He has left the army He has left the country
3.THE WORD ‘REMNANTS’ IS USED TO DESCRIBE the persona’s war experience the garbage around us the rest of the persona’s crippled years the persona’s free time
4. THE PERSONA IS DISTURBED BY THE ______ poverty around him deceit he sees everywhere increase in health problems sick people around him
5. WHICH PHRASE IS USED TO REFER TO THOSEWHO SHOULD STAND UP FOR JUSTICE? Be brave No more voice Sons of our ancestor Form ranks
6. THE PHRASE ‘ A WALL’ REFERS TO ________ a united population the wall protecting the nation a strong fort an army of soldiers
7. WHAT HAVE THE CITIZENS INHERITED? freedom knowledge wealth land
8. THE PRONOUN ‘YOU’ IN THE LAST LINE OF THEPOEM REFERS TO _________ The persona The people The leaders All the soldiers
Match the sentence partsThe persona became crippled is old and crippledTo be worn out is to free from colonial ruleour nation fought for after fighting in the war independence to be for independence The persona feels feel tired and weak crushed The persona feels in body and spirit helpless for he
Match the sentence partsto face a challenge is to be able to the ‘net of deceit’ refers to united and courageous to stand up for justice, people have overcome it and be to be successful corruption among the nation’s leaders