1. The poet emphasis that “to stand andstare” is a waste of time
2. The poem highlights the importance ofkeeping cows and sheep
3. Watching squirrels hide their nuts in thegrass is an example of leisure
4. The persona highlights that beauty ofnature must be appreciated
5. According to the poet “ a poor life” is alife without leisure
1. List five things that can be seen in thispoem The boughs, the sheep and cows, the woods, the squirrel, the nuts, the grass, the stream, the daylight, the stars, Beauty, feet that can dance, a smile.
2.List three things that can be heard inthis poem
3. How does the persona feel about thebusy man?
1. The word “leisure” means _____ time for daily chores the busiest day of our lives time for studies and revision time spent doing what you enjoy
2. The setting of this poem is in a________ urban town city village
3.What does “ Beauty” represent? A poor life A life full of care The wonderful things in nature The life in a busy town
4. The phrase “no time” suggeststhe following except ______ busy relaxed engaged occupied
5. How is life “ a poor life” ? We lack many facilities We can enjoy many things We are too busy to enjoy nature We spend too much time relaxing
Match the sentence parts to complete the synopsis of the poem LeisureMan has no free time because that sparkle in the sunlight like the starry sky at night He cannot enjoy the peaceful comfort and just stare around like the sheep or cows the persona feels that man has no time to relax under the branches of a tree he is always busy and rushedThe persona feels sorry that Man of simple and carefree has no time to enjoy the leisure time forestsMan has no time to enjoy the and watch where the streams squirrels hide their nuts
Match the sentence parts to complete the synopsis of the poem Leisure (continued)…Man has no time to remain still for a while and lookSadly, Man has no time to admire to enjoy his beautiful surroundings the beauty of nature which is like the smile at the beauty of nature whichThe persona feels sorry that Man is like a beautiful dancer has no time that begins to her in a girl’s eyes and progresses to her mouth and lights up her face