1. Before, During, and After the Holocaust By: Miranda Osburn
2. Analyze the Learner• The class I’ll be teaching is 6th graders from the ages of 11-12 years old with the class size of 25 with 11 boys and 14 girls.• 16 Caucasian, 6 African American, 3 Asian• By the end of the week students should have a 90% accuracy of the Holocaust.
3. Main Objective• The main objective is for students to learn about the Holocaust, what caused it, events that took place during this time, to get a perspective of people who went through this.
4. Day by Day Breakdown• Day 1 Pre-Holocaust• Day 2 Why did the Holocaust happen?• Day 3 What happened during the Holocaust?• Day 4 Victims/ People who were affected• Day 5 How the Holocaust ended
5. Use of Technology• Movies- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas• Letters – From the victims• PowerPoints• Books- The Diary of Anne Frank• Newspapers- Articles from newspapers from 1944
6. Work Cited• http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/00 -2/lp2013.shtml• http://www.ushmm.org/education/foreducat ors/guideline/• http://www.facinghistory.org/resources/collec tions/holocaust