Transcript of "How to Create a User-Centric Website"
By understanding the website’s objectives, you will create a better
experience for users, i.e. new and existing customers.
Defining long and short-term goals keeps your website focused in the right
Control website cost and build time – release over time to complete quickly
and within budget.
ESTABLISH A CONSISTENT LOOK AND FEEL THAT IS IN-KEEPING WITH THE
CLIENT’S BRAND AS WELL AS APPEALING TO THE TARGET AUDIENCE:
• Corporate: serious, informative, authoritative
• Trendy: fashionable, edgy, innovative
• Fun: bright, eye-catching, confident
• Elegant: decorative, toned palette, uncluttered
Image credit: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40213759/
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM THE WEBSITE DESIGN? CLEARLY COMMUNICATING
THIS TO AN AGENCY IS CRUCIAL:
• Select examples of websites that represent what you want
• Compare these against your requirements – would it actually work?
Review your examples if not.
• Discuss any design concerns as early as possible
• Be as objective as possible – your user is more important than your
EASY TO SEARCH
MORE THAN ONE WAY TO NAVIGATE
SO, YOU WANT A WEBSITE? A GUIDE TO PLANNING, BUILDING AND TESTING
PART 1: HTTP://BIT.LY/PTIPXY
PART 2: HTTP://BIT.LY/1E5A1BK
PART 3: HTTP://BIT.LY/1E5A1BK
FRIGHTFUL CONTENT: HOW TO SCARE AWAY YOUR AUDIENCE
5 WEB DESIGN MISTAKES THAT COULD BE HARMING YOUR WEBSITE’S